'Zombieland' TV Version Heading to FOX
Becoming a surprising hit in 2009, "Zombieland" is being developed as a TV series. New York Magazine's Vulture has learned that FOX Broadcasting and Sony Pictures Television are working to get the small screen version of the zombie-themed movie ready to air in 2012 or 2013.
Confirming the news, producer Gavin Polone said that "Zombieland" was initially conceived as a TV show before heading to the big screen. Back in 2005, CBS ordered a pilot script for the concept, but passed on it after taking "all the good stuff out," Polone revealed. Syfy was later interested in it, but financial issue prevented the network from giving a greenlight to the project.
In 2010, scribe Rhett Reese has also detailed their plans for the scrapped TV show. "We always thought [it should be a TV series]," he told MTV News. "If you watch the movie with that in mind, you will see some remnants of the television show. We have the 'Zombie Kill of the Week', which was always intended to happen every week. The movie ends on a cliffhanger; it doesn't have a real resolution."
Following "Zombieland" success at box office, there have been talks about the sequel, including about making it in 3-D and finding a love interest for Tallahassee. However, the future of "Zombieland 2" is now in jeopardy as Polone stated, "If the TV show goes, then the sequel won't happen."
"Zombieland" follows a misfit band of survivors who team up to find a safe place away from the zombie's reach. Directed by Ruben Fleischer, it stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin the survivors of a zombie apocalypse.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen