Audio Stream: Drake's New Song 'Make Me Proud' Ft. Nicki Minaj
The recent delay of his new album "Take Care" doesn't prevent Drake from releasing new songs to keep up the hype of the record. In a newest song called "Make Me Proud", the Canadian rapper reunites with his "Moment 4 Life" collaborator Nicki Minaj.
"I like a woman with a future and a past/ A lil' attitude problem all good, it'll make s**t last Don't make it too easy girl, don't take it too fast," Drizzy kicks in the celebratory song. "Yeah, that's it right there, that's it, do it just like that/ Only you can do it just like that."
Once he's done with his rap lines, Drizzy switches gear into a crooner in the chorus. "I know things get hard girl but you got it girl/ You got it there you go/ Can't you tell by how they looking at you everywhere you go/ Wondering what's on your mind, it must be hard to be that fine/ When all these muthaf**kas wanna waste your time," he coos.
Minaj next takes it over, giving a nod to all the things Drizzy mentions. "B-b-b-bet I am, all of them b***hes I'm better then/ Mansions in Malibu babblin/ And I never mention everything I dabble in/ And I always buy? slow when I'm straddlin'," she proudly shows off her swag.
Talking about creative process of the song, Drizzy recalled, "Whenever I make songs surrounding women, I always try to find refreshing stances to take as opposed to just like, 'Oh, you're sexy' or 'Oh, I want you.' The song, it really came up in passing conversation, just being like, 'I'm proud of you'."
He added, "Not even necessarily that a woman has to go achieve grandiose things to be proud; it's just that I'm proud of you for trying. It's hard to be a woman out here these days, especially to be pretty and especially to be smart and want something for yourself. So I'm just proud of you whether it's Nicki or any girl that I've ever known in my life that's doing well for herself."
Drizzy has pushed back the release date for "Take Care" from October 24 to November 15 to give him more time to clear some samples in his new songs. "I do apologize for the delay but I promise that it is only for the benefit of our experience together," he said. The Weeknd, Young Money's Lil Wayne, Stevie Wonder, and OutKast's Andre Benjamin aka Andre 3000 are listed as guests.
More Drake News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture