Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters to Guest Star on New Musical 'Smash'
Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters have landed a role on upcoming drama musical series "Smash". Both the Jonas Brothers member and the "Annie" actress are reportedly going to show off their singing skills and perform on the show, but it is not clear in which episode they will guest star.
19-year-old Jonas will be seen as Lyle West, a sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production. Peters, meanwhile, will portray Leigh Conroy, a former theater star who now lives vicariously through her daughter Ivy.
After his Disney series "JONAS L.A.", which also starred his two brothers, was axed, Nick has guest starred on "Mr. Sunshine". Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winner Peters have also had a bunch of small screen roles, including on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty".
"Smash" revolves around a cross section of characters who come together to mount a Broadway musical inspired by silver screen icon Marilyn Monroe. The Steven Spielberg-produced musical drama has Katharine McPhee, Jack Davenport, Debra Messing and Megan Hilty among the cast line-up.
The new series will premiere on NBC every Monday at 10 P.M., beginning February 6, 2012.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory