Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters to Guest Star on New Musical 'Smash'
Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters have landed a role on upcoming drama musical series "Smash". Both the Jonas Brothers member and the "Annie" actress are reportedly going to show off their singing skills and perform on the show, but it is not clear in which episode they will guest star.
19-year-old Jonas will be seen as Lyle West, a sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production. Peters, meanwhile, will portray Leigh Conroy, a former theater star who now lives vicariously through her daughter Ivy.
After his Disney series "JONAS L.A.", which also starred his two brothers, was axed, Nick has guest starred on "Mr. Sunshine". Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winner Peters have also had a bunch of small screen roles, including on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty".
"Smash" revolves around a cross section of characters who come together to mount a Broadway musical inspired by silver screen icon Marilyn Monroe. The Steven Spielberg-produced musical drama has Katharine McPhee, Jack Davenport, Debra Messing and Megan Hilty among the cast line-up.
The new series will premiere on NBC every Monday at 10 P.M., beginning February 6, 2012.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked