Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters to Guest Star on New Musical 'Smash'
Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters have landed a role on upcoming drama musical series "Smash". Both the Jonas Brothers member and the "Annie" actress are reportedly going to show off their singing skills and perform on the show, but it is not clear in which episode they will guest star.
19-year-old Jonas will be seen as Lyle West, a sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production. Peters, meanwhile, will portray Leigh Conroy, a former theater star who now lives vicariously through her daughter Ivy.
After his Disney series "JONAS L.A.", which also starred his two brothers, was axed, Nick has guest starred on "Mr. Sunshine". Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winner Peters have also had a bunch of small screen roles, including on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty".
"Smash" revolves around a cross section of characters who come together to mount a Broadway musical inspired by silver screen icon Marilyn Monroe. The Steven Spielberg-produced musical drama has Katharine McPhee, Jack Davenport, Debra Messing and Megan Hilty among the cast line-up.
The new series will premiere on NBC every Monday at 10 P.M., beginning February 6, 2012.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding