Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters to Guest Star on New Musical 'Smash'
Nick Jonas and Bernadette Peters have landed a role on upcoming drama musical series "Smash". Both the Jonas Brothers member and the "Annie" actress are reportedly going to show off their singing skills and perform on the show, but it is not clear in which episode they will guest star.
19-year-old Jonas will be seen as Lyle West, a sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production. Peters, meanwhile, will portray Leigh Conroy, a former theater star who now lives vicariously through her daughter Ivy.
After his Disney series "JONAS L.A.", which also starred his two brothers, was axed, Nick has guest starred on "Mr. Sunshine". Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winner Peters have also had a bunch of small screen roles, including on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty".
"Smash" revolves around a cross section of characters who come together to mount a Broadway musical inspired by silver screen icon Marilyn Monroe. The Steven Spielberg-produced musical drama has Katharine McPhee, Jack Davenport, Debra Messing and Megan Hilty among the cast line-up.
The new series will premiere on NBC every Monday at 10 P.M., beginning February 6, 2012.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo