Lifetime's 'Amanda Knox' Movie to Get Adjusted to Acquittal
Amanda Knox's recent acquittal will be included in Lifetime's "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy". Following her free verdict on Monday, October 3, the network announces that it will alter the movie to include a new opening and closing card that provides updated information on Knox's successful appeal.
The updated version of the film will air for the first time on Tuesday night, October 4 at 9 P.M.. However, the network has no plans to make a sequel for the Hayden Panettiere-starring drama whose original version debuted in February this year.
Knox began serving a 26-year sentence in prison in 2009 in Italy after she was convicted in a trial for Meredith Kercher's murder. After filing her appeal in 2010, she was acquitted on Monday and is declared free to return to America.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie