Lifetime's 'Amanda Knox' Movie to Get Adjusted to Acquittal
Amanda Knox's recent acquittal will be included in Lifetime's "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy". Following her free verdict on Monday, October 3, the network announces that it will alter the movie to include a new opening and closing card that provides updated information on Knox's successful appeal.
The updated version of the film will air for the first time on Tuesday night, October 4 at 9 P.M.. However, the network has no plans to make a sequel for the Hayden Panettiere-starring drama whose original version debuted in February this year.
Knox began serving a 26-year sentence in prison in 2009 in Italy after she was convicted in a trial for Meredith Kercher's murder. After filing her appeal in 2010, she was acquitted on Monday and is declared free to return to America.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie