Lifetime's 'Amanda Knox' Movie to Get Adjusted to Acquittal
Amanda Knox's recent acquittal will be included in Lifetime's "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy". Following her free verdict on Monday, October 3, the network announces that it will alter the movie to include a new opening and closing card that provides updated information on Knox's successful appeal.
The updated version of the film will air for the first time on Tuesday night, October 4 at 9 P.M.. However, the network has no plans to make a sequel for the Hayden Panettiere-starring drama whose original version debuted in February this year.
Knox began serving a 26-year sentence in prison in 2009 in Italy after she was convicted in a trial for Meredith Kercher's murder. After filing her appeal in 2010, she was acquitted on Monday and is declared free to return to America.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip