Lifetime's 'Amanda Knox' Movie to Get Adjusted to Acquittal
Amanda Knox's recent acquittal will be included in Lifetime's "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy". Following her free verdict on Monday, October 3, the network announces that it will alter the movie to include a new opening and closing card that provides updated information on Knox's successful appeal.
The updated version of the film will air for the first time on Tuesday night, October 4 at 9 P.M.. However, the network has no plans to make a sequel for the Hayden Panettiere-starring drama whose original version debuted in February this year.
Knox began serving a 26-year sentence in prison in 2009 in Italy after she was convicted in a trial for Meredith Kercher's murder. After filing her appeal in 2010, she was acquitted on Monday and is declared free to return to America.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season