Lifetime's 'Amanda Knox' Movie to Get Adjusted to Acquittal
Amanda Knox's recent acquittal will be included in Lifetime's "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy". Following her free verdict on Monday, October 3, the network announces that it will alter the movie to include a new opening and closing card that provides updated information on Knox's successful appeal.
The updated version of the film will air for the first time on Tuesday night, October 4 at 9 P.M.. However, the network has no plans to make a sequel for the Hayden Panettiere-starring drama whose original version debuted in February this year.
Knox began serving a 26-year sentence in prison in 2009 in Italy after she was convicted in a trial for Meredith Kercher's murder. After filing her appeal in 2010, she was acquitted on Monday and is declared free to return to America.
- Skrillex Could Prove How He Created Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' Amid Lawsuit
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!