Christopher Nolan and Michael Bay on the Wish List to Direct 'The Twilight Zone'
Warner Bros. Pictures is looking for a perfect director to helm a forthcoming film project, which is based on television anthology series "The Twilight Zone". To accomplish the goal, the studio has been eyeing several high-profile directors to fill the part.
According to Variety, directors who are included on WB's wish list are "The Dark Knight Rises" helmer Christopher Nolan, "Transformers" helmer Michael Bay, and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron. Insiders also revealed that "Deathly Hallows" helmer David Yates was also included, though his prospects have waned.
Words are, Nolan is currently toplining the list. However, it is unclear whether he would take on the project or not. As for Bay, although he has never worked for WB, it is rumored that he showed interest in the script. The only obstacle is that he is now concentrating on his passion project called "Pain and Gain".
Cuaron is the only candidate who has the most conducive schedule. He's currently finishing the production for adventure movie "Gravity" and has not committed to any other project. Some sources additionally said that there's a dark horse in the mix, and he is Rupert Wyatt, the helmer of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".
"The Twilight Zone" will be produced by Leonardo DiCaprio along with Jennifer Davisson Killoran and Michael Ireland. Jason Rothenberg wrote the script, which plots are still kept secret. According to multiple sources, the film would be "a single storyline that touches on several themes from the Rod Sterling TV show that ran from 1959 to 1964."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son