Mick Jagger to Play Dubious Media Mogul in 'Tabloid'
Mick Jagger has offered an idea to create an adult thriller movie under the working title of "Tabloid". For the project, the frontman of legendary rock band The Rolling Stones has appointed Oscar-nominated scribe Josh Olson to materialize the screenplay.
According to Deadline, the 68-year-old rock legend has been interested to come back to the big screen by playing "a global media mogul with dubious morality" in the project. The movie itself will center on "a young journalist who gets seduced and sucked into that immoral world."
Under his Jagged Films banner, the Dartford-born rock legend will also serve as the producer along with Victoria Pearman and Steven Bing. Meanwhile, Bing is expected to finance the film through Shangri-La Entertainment.
As for Olson, the screenwriter has recently penned the first draft for Tom Cruise's upcoming movie "One Shot". He has also provided the script for a Korean action movie called "Soo".
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle