Gwyneth Paltrow to Star in 'Glee' Creator Ryan Murphy's New Musical Film
Gwyneth Paltrow might team up with "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy once again. After appearing as a guest star on the second season of the hit series, the Oscar-winning actress is now set to star in Murphy's musical project for the big-screen.
"We want to do a musical together," so Murphy told E!'s Marc Malkin during the 2011 Emmy Awards last Sunday, September 18. "An original, I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with."
Asked about further details of his upcoming project, Murphy only replied, "That's all I will say." On his opinion about Paltrow's performance in musical film, he said, "I loved 'Country Strong'. I love it when she's drunk and on the floor spitting up pills."
Both Murphy and Paltrow have previously worked together in 2006's "Running with Scissors", which was adapted from Augusten Burroughs' personal memoir. At that time, Murphy served as the director, while Paltrow played opposite Annette Bening, Evan Rachel Wood and Alec Baldwin.
In the meantime, Murphy also has another movie project on his sleeve. He is set to direct "The Normal Heart", in which he will also co-produce with Brad Pitt. Starring Mark Ruffalo, the film is based on Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play about the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the early eighties. It will begin shooting in New York in June next year.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal