Gwyneth Paltrow to Star in 'Glee' Creator Ryan Murphy's New Musical Film
Gwyneth Paltrow might team up with "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy once again. After appearing as a guest star on the second season of the hit series, the Oscar-winning actress is now set to star in Murphy's musical project for the big-screen.
"We want to do a musical together," so Murphy told E!'s Marc Malkin during the 2011 Emmy Awards last Sunday, September 18. "An original, I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with."
Asked about further details of his upcoming project, Murphy only replied, "That's all I will say." On his opinion about Paltrow's performance in musical film, he said, "I loved 'Country Strong'. I love it when she's drunk and on the floor spitting up pills."
Both Murphy and Paltrow have previously worked together in 2006's "Running with Scissors", which was adapted from Augusten Burroughs' personal memoir. At that time, Murphy served as the director, while Paltrow played opposite Annette Bening, Evan Rachel Wood and Alec Baldwin.
In the meantime, Murphy also has another movie project on his sleeve. He is set to direct "The Normal Heart", in which he will also co-produce with Brad Pitt. Starring Mark Ruffalo, the film is based on Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play about the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the early eighties. It will begin shooting in New York in June next year.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full