Gwyneth Paltrow to Star in 'Glee' Creator Ryan Murphy's New Musical Film
Gwyneth Paltrow might team up with "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy once again. After appearing as a guest star on the second season of the hit series, the Oscar-winning actress is now set to star in Murphy's musical project for the big-screen.
"We want to do a musical together," so Murphy told E!'s Marc Malkin during the 2011 Emmy Awards last Sunday, September 18. "An original, I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with."
Asked about further details of his upcoming project, Murphy only replied, "That's all I will say." On his opinion about Paltrow's performance in musical film, he said, "I loved 'Country Strong'. I love it when she's drunk and on the floor spitting up pills."
Both Murphy and Paltrow have previously worked together in 2006's "Running with Scissors", which was adapted from Augusten Burroughs' personal memoir. At that time, Murphy served as the director, while Paltrow played opposite Annette Bening, Evan Rachel Wood and Alec Baldwin.
In the meantime, Murphy also has another movie project on his sleeve. He is set to direct "The Normal Heart", in which he will also co-produce with Brad Pitt. Starring Mark Ruffalo, the film is based on Larry Kramer's semi-autobiographical play about the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the early eighties. It will begin shooting in New York in June next year.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer