The CW Develops Remake to Linda Hamilton's 'Beauty and the Beast'
The 1980s cult series "Beauty and the Beast" is going to get a reboot treatment. The CW has confirmed that it is developing the remake project at CBS Television Studios based on the classic drama series that ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and starred Ron Perlman as Vincent aka the Beast as well as Linda Hamilton as Catherine.
The reboot version will present the modernized romantic love story with a procedural twist. "Without a Trace" producer Jennifer Levin and "Brothers & Sisters" producer Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project. They will also serve as executive producer alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.
This news comes on the heels of report that ABC is developing a "reimagination" of "Beauty and the Beast". This one-hour drama is described as an epic fantasy reimagining on the public domain fairytale about a girl forced to live with a beast in a castle who ultimately falls in love with him. It has Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile attached as executive producers.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures