The CW Develops Remake to Linda Hamilton's 'Beauty and the Beast'
The 1980s cult series "Beauty and the Beast" is going to get a reboot treatment. The CW has confirmed that it is developing the remake project at CBS Television Studios based on the classic drama series that ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and starred Ron Perlman as Vincent aka the Beast as well as Linda Hamilton as Catherine.
The reboot version will present the modernized romantic love story with a procedural twist. "Without a Trace" producer Jennifer Levin and "Brothers & Sisters" producer Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project. They will also serve as executive producer alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.
This news comes on the heels of report that ABC is developing a "reimagination" of "Beauty and the Beast". This one-hour drama is described as an epic fantasy reimagining on the public domain fairytale about a girl forced to live with a beast in a castle who ultimately falls in love with him. It has Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile attached as executive producers.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos