The CW Develops Remake to Linda Hamilton's 'Beauty and the Beast'
The 1980s cult series "Beauty and the Beast" is going to get a reboot treatment. The CW has confirmed that it is developing the remake project at CBS Television Studios based on the classic drama series that ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and starred Ron Perlman as Vincent aka the Beast as well as Linda Hamilton as Catherine.
The reboot version will present the modernized romantic love story with a procedural twist. "Without a Trace" producer Jennifer Levin and "Brothers & Sisters" producer Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project. They will also serve as executive producer alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.
This news comes on the heels of report that ABC is developing a "reimagination" of "Beauty and the Beast". This one-hour drama is described as an epic fantasy reimagining on the public domain fairytale about a girl forced to live with a beast in a castle who ultimately falls in love with him. It has Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile attached as executive producers.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'