The CW Develops Remake to Linda Hamilton's 'Beauty and the Beast'
The 1980s cult series "Beauty and the Beast" is going to get a reboot treatment. The CW has confirmed that it is developing the remake project at CBS Television Studios based on the classic drama series that ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and starred Ron Perlman as Vincent aka the Beast as well as Linda Hamilton as Catherine.
The reboot version will present the modernized romantic love story with a procedural twist. "Without a Trace" producer Jennifer Levin and "Brothers & Sisters" producer Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project. They will also serve as executive producer alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.
This news comes on the heels of report that ABC is developing a "reimagination" of "Beauty and the Beast". This one-hour drama is described as an epic fantasy reimagining on the public domain fairytale about a girl forced to live with a beast in a castle who ultimately falls in love with him. It has Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile attached as executive producers.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones