The CW Develops Remake to Linda Hamilton's 'Beauty and the Beast'
The 1980s cult series "Beauty and the Beast" is going to get a reboot treatment. The CW has confirmed that it is developing the remake project at CBS Television Studios based on the classic drama series that ran on CBS from 1987 to 1990 and starred Ron Perlman as Vincent aka the Beast as well as Linda Hamilton as Catherine.
The reboot version will present the modernized romantic love story with a procedural twist. "Without a Trace" producer Jennifer Levin and "Brothers & Sisters" producer Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project. They will also serve as executive producer alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.
This news comes on the heels of report that ABC is developing a "reimagination" of "Beauty and the Beast". This one-hour drama is described as an epic fantasy reimagining on the public domain fairytale about a girl forced to live with a beast in a castle who ultimately falls in love with him. It has Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile attached as executive producers.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'