Amy Winehouse's Father: It'd Be Stupid to Blame Ex-Husband for Her Death
Amy Winehouse's father continues to open up about the sudden passing of the singer. Just days after making an appearance on "Anderson", Mitch Winehouse talked to Sky News about the relation between the "Rehab" singer's death and her drug user ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil.
During the chat, Mitch said he's not blaming Blake for her death, stating it "would be stupid." Though so, the father of the late 27-year-old confessed he does hold him responsible. "But from his own lips he said that he introduced Amy to hard drugs and he has to accept responsibility for that," so he explained.
In an interview on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight", Mitch additionally claimed to have done everything in his power "to stop the relationship" and have even given a warning to Blake. To host Piers Morgan, he admitted to have told him, "Leave my daughter alone, you're killing my daughter."
Asked if he has spoken to Blake after Amy's death, Mitch who would launch Amy Winehouse Foundation on September 14 responded, "No, I won't talk to him. I'm not interested in him." He added, "And I'm not interested in his family, and I'm not interested in him. We don't want their help with the foundation. We would be a laughingstock if we recruited him into the foundation."
Clarifying claims that Blake has made attempt to contact him, he said, "He says he has, but he hasn't...His mother in one of the many newspaper articles that she's written since Amy's death, she says that Blake's been trying to get in touch with me, she's been trying to...you know, but none of them have gotten in touch with me. I'm not interested in them."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single