Amy Winehouse's Father: It'd Be Stupid to Blame Ex-Husband for Her Death
Amy Winehouse's father continues to open up about the sudden passing of the singer. Just days after making an appearance on "Anderson", Mitch Winehouse talked to Sky News about the relation between the "Rehab" singer's death and her drug user ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil.
During the chat, Mitch said he's not blaming Blake for her death, stating it "would be stupid." Though so, the father of the late 27-year-old confessed he does hold him responsible. "But from his own lips he said that he introduced Amy to hard drugs and he has to accept responsibility for that," so he explained.
In an interview on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight", Mitch additionally claimed to have done everything in his power "to stop the relationship" and have even given a warning to Blake. To host Piers Morgan, he admitted to have told him, "Leave my daughter alone, you're killing my daughter."
Asked if he has spoken to Blake after Amy's death, Mitch who would launch Amy Winehouse Foundation on September 14 responded, "No, I won't talk to him. I'm not interested in him." He added, "And I'm not interested in his family, and I'm not interested in him. We don't want their help with the foundation. We would be a laughingstock if we recruited him into the foundation."
Clarifying claims that Blake has made attempt to contact him, he said, "He says he has, but he hasn't...His mother in one of the many newspaper articles that she's written since Amy's death, she says that Blake's been trying to get in touch with me, she's been trying to...you know, but none of them have gotten in touch with me. I'm not interested in them."
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories