Rep Denies Cory Monteith Feuding With 'Glee' Creator
There is no war brewing on the set of "Glee" despite recent report which said otherwise. It was rumored that Cory Monteith is clashing with creator Ryan Murphy over the actor's claim that the cast is overworked and underpaid, but his representative was quick to set the record straight.
"For the record, [this] is completely fabricated, I would imagine the result of lingering rumors from last month but not based in truth whatsoever. Cory is back on set and very happy to be there," the rep stated. A spokesperson for the hit FOX show added that there was no truth to the feuding rumor.
According to New York Post's sources, Monteith has been asking more cash from "Glee" tours and albums. "Cory was the show's golden boy but has most recently been the most vocal member of the cast complaining. He feels they are being overworked. They were filming and toured without any time to recover," one source said.
"He's become a de facto leader complaining to Ryan Murphy [for the cast], who they feel should give them a bigger share of the show's success," the source went on dishing. "But Ryan thinks Cory is causing trouble."
The situation was allegedly so intense that Murphy was said to be considering to write off Monteith's character, Finn, from a planned "Glee" spin-off. The "American Horror Story" creator reportedly also threatened to halt the production of an untitled comedy in which Monteith is attached to star and co-produce with Bruce Nash and Robert Kosberg.
"Glee" is currently in production for season 3 which will premiere Tuesday, September 20 at 8 P.M. ET/PT.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked