Former 'Biggest Loser' Contestant in Critical Condition After Fall
A contestant from season 9 of NBC's hit show "The Biggest Loser" is currently being treated in intensive care unit at a San Francisco hospital. According to TMZ, fan favorite Sam Poueu is listed in critical condition after falling several stories off a building last Saturday, September 3.
Details on what led to Sam's fall are somewhat scarce, but it is said that he suffered a pelvic injury, torn ligaments, a punctured lung, and a broken leg because of the accident. Despite the critical condition claim, TMZ did note that the 26-year-old is conscious and can still recognize visitors.
A representative for NBC has issued a statement regarding Sam's accident. To E! News, the rep said, "Sam Poueu is a beloved member of our 'Biggest Loser' family and we are keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers."
Sam's "Biggest Loser" partner, Koli Palu, has offered update on his cousin's condition on Sunday, September 11. As quoted on Season 11 contestant Courtney Crozier's Facebook page, he said that the fiance of Stephanie Anderson "has made serious improvement in the last few hours."
"He has become very responsive to Stephanie Anderson and his Mother, squeezing their hands and kicking his feet," he went on detailing. "The head trauma has pretty much stabilized. He still has a long way to go but thank you so much for your love and prayers. ~ KEEP PRAYING EVERYONE!!!! :)"
Fellow contestant Ashley Johnson also took to Facebook to offer update. On Wednesday, September 7, the 27-year-old wrote, "Sam Poueu is making great improvements everyday! God is answering our prayers and Sam is fighting! Please keep the prayers coming. He is still in critical condition, but is fighting like hell and is impressing the Doctors like he impressed all of us on the Biggest Loser!"
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'