Soulja Boy Mocked Back by a Soldier in 'Change Your Name' Song
In addition to receiving a demand of apology from a military veteran, Soulja Boy has also got a backlash in a form of a diss song called "Change Your Name" from another member of the U.S. troops. The MC who stirred controversy with his "F**k the Troop" lyric was mocked back by a combat veteran and aspiring rapper Sgt. Dunson.
The "Pretty Boy Swag" rhymer whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way is urged to change his famous moniker by Dunson. The military vet pointed out that after spitting "F**k the troops" lyric, the 21-year-old rapper should be ashamed of carrying Soulja as his name because it is ironically a play on the word "soldier."
Dunson expressed his outrage to the "Crank That" rapper in such verses as: "The kid got rich/ His name's out there/ While my soldiers' in a ditch buried out there/ Why ya'll don't even care/ Still supporting his s***/ You can't call yourself a soldier if you ain't been through it."
On his official website, the soldier wrote a message to accompany the "Change Your Name" song, "Soulja Boy Tell 'em made a song dissing the U.S. Army can you believe that. What an ungrateful little f****er." He also invited people to sign a petition to "band all Soulja Boy's Music from any military installation."
Soulja himself has apologized for the rude words he raps on "Let's Be Real". Addressing his remorse to "all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended," he said, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. ... When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby