Soulja Boy Mocked Back by a Soldier in 'Change Your Name' Song
In addition to receiving a demand of apology from a military veteran, Soulja Boy has also got a backlash in a form of a diss song called "Change Your Name" from another member of the U.S. troops. The MC who stirred controversy with his "F**k the Troop" lyric was mocked back by a combat veteran and aspiring rapper Sgt. Dunson.
The "Pretty Boy Swag" rhymer whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way is urged to change his famous moniker by Dunson. The military vet pointed out that after spitting "F**k the troops" lyric, the 21-year-old rapper should be ashamed of carrying Soulja as his name because it is ironically a play on the word "soldier."
Dunson expressed his outrage to the "Crank That" rapper in such verses as: "The kid got rich/ His name's out there/ While my soldiers' in a ditch buried out there/ Why ya'll don't even care/ Still supporting his s***/ You can't call yourself a soldier if you ain't been through it."
On his official website, the soldier wrote a message to accompany the "Change Your Name" song, "Soulja Boy Tell 'em made a song dissing the U.S. Army can you believe that. What an ungrateful little f****er." He also invited people to sign a petition to "band all Soulja Boy's Music from any military installation."
Soulja himself has apologized for the rude words he raps on "Let's Be Real". Addressing his remorse to "all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended," he said, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. ... When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."
More Soulja Boy News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal