Video: Jordin Sparks, Celine Dion and More Performing at MDA Telethon
Footage from the annual star-studded MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Telethon has just landed online. It features the likes of Jordin Sparks, Celine Dion and Lady Antebellum performing to support the Sunday (September 4) fund-raising event.
"American Idol" alum Jordin delivered a flawless rendition of "The Cure" in front of the crowd packing inside the Sun Coast Hotel and Casino. She was introduced as "an extremely talented" artist by "Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe.
"My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker Celine, meanwhile, kicked off her set with a heartfelt message. "It's always a privilege to be part of the MDA Labor Day telethon. I hope by taking part in this great cause, I can help MDA in its mission to make life better for families who are fighting muscle diseases," she said.
"From supporting the work of scientists who are searching for treatments and cures, to helping children go to summer camp, MDA provides love and care in so many ways. Thanks to your generous contributions, MDA can continue to do so many wonderful things for those in need."
The blonde beauty added, "I want to say a few special thanks to my dear friend Jerry Lewis. Jerry, you will always be a hero to the MDA families and to people everywhere. You are a shining example the power we all have to make the world a better place." She dedicated her "Open Arms" performance to the 85-year-old.
As for Lady Antebellum, the country music trio delivered their new single "Just a Kiss". Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott taped their set from Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
This year, MDA Telethon was reduced from 21.5 hours to just 6 hours. Joining Lythgoe to take over Jerry's place as a host were Nancy O'Dell, Jann Carl and Alison Sweeney. Celebrity guests included Billy Ray Cyrus, Richie Sambora, Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez. Despite its shortened airing and Jerry's absence, the show was a big success by collecting nearly $61.5 million from donators.
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash