First Clips of Madonna's 'W.E.' See Two Different Affairs
First clips of Madonna's "W.E." have landed on the web. One of the clips shows a scene where Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII walk in what looks like a garden and argue about whether or not they should be together despite some people who oppose their relationship.
The other new clip, meanwhile, provides a look at Wally Winthrop and her secret love interest Evgeni together in a chamber. Evgeni is seen putting a precious necklace on Winthrop's neck, but the woman looks forlorn as she has something else to think about.
"W.E." highlights the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdicating from the throne to marry his divorcee lover. The film marks Madonna's second directorial stint after 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
Andrea Riseborough plays Simpson, while James D'Arcy tackles the role as King Edward VIII. Meanwhile, Abbie Cornish and Oscar Isaac portray Winthrop and Evgeni respectively. Additionally, Judy Parfitt, Geoffrey Palmer and James Fox support the cast ensemble. The drama was premiered at the 68th Venice Film Festival as part of out of competition movies, and is slated for a limited release in U.S. theaters on December 9.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed