First Clips of Madonna's 'W.E.' See Two Different Affairs
First clips of Madonna's "W.E." have landed on the web. One of the clips shows a scene where Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII walk in what looks like a garden and argue about whether or not they should be together despite some people who oppose their relationship.
The other new clip, meanwhile, provides a look at Wally Winthrop and her secret love interest Evgeni together in a chamber. Evgeni is seen putting a precious necklace on Winthrop's neck, but the woman looks forlorn as she has something else to think about.
"W.E." highlights the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdicating from the throne to marry his divorcee lover. The film marks Madonna's second directorial stint after 2008's "Filth and Wisdom".
Andrea Riseborough plays Simpson, while James D'Arcy tackles the role as King Edward VIII. Meanwhile, Abbie Cornish and Oscar Isaac portray Winthrop and Evgeni respectively. Additionally, Judy Parfitt, Geoffrey Palmer and James Fox support the cast ensemble. The drama was premiered at the 68th Venice Film Festival as part of out of competition movies, and is slated for a limited release in U.S. theaters on December 9.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked