Gwyneth Paltrow Dazzles, Matt Damon Gets Sleek at 'Contagion' Venice Premiere
Gwyneth Paltrow stole the spotlight at the star-studded premiere of "Contagion" at the 68th Venice Film Festival. The Beth Emhoff depicter looked dazzling in her simple but elegant look during the special screening that took place at Palazzo del Cinema on Saturday, September 3.
Paltrow opted a blush pink organza gown, miniaudiere, and platform heels all by Prada. She finished off her look with a pair of earrings from Bvlgari's High Jewelry Collection. She was joined by co-star Matt Damon who showed up with his wife Luciana Barroso. Sporting bald head, Damon appeared in a traditional two-piece black suit, completed with a tie.
Other cast members spotted on the red carpet were Jennifer Ehle and Laurence Fishburne. The former looked chic in a green tube gown, while the latter showed off sleek look in suit as he arrived with his wife Gina Torres. Director Steven Soderbergh was also seen making a grand entrance with his wife Jules Asner during the evening.
Earlier during a photocall session, Soderbergh talked about the star-studded sci-fi thriller. He shared, "It's really helpful to have movie stars playing as many of these roles as you can, because you're throwing so many characters and so much information at the audience it's very helpful for them to get a short of reference point."
Among the celebrity guests attending the premiere event were Eli Roth, Giulia Bevilacqua, Arianna Martina Bergemshi, Sarah Felberbaum, Chiara Francini, Shengyi Huang as well as Vinicio Marconi.
"Contagion" follows the rapid progress of a lethal airborne virus that kills within days. As the fast-moving epidemic grows, the worldwide medical community races to find a cure and control the panic that spreads faster than the virus itself. At the same time, ordinary people struggle to survive in a society coming apart.
Slated to open in U.S. theaters on September 9, the film is also starring Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Marion Cotillard and John Hawkes.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'