Warner Bros. Respond to 'Hangover II' Stunt Double's Claim Over Brain Injury
Warner Bros. Pictures have released a statement regarding the lawsuit that was filed against them by a stunt double of "The Hangover Part II", Scott McLean, who claimed that he suffered a serious injury during the shooting for the movie in Bangkok, Thailand last year. In a statement released by their representative, the studio said they are trying to find a way to solve the matter.
"We were shocked and saddened by this accident and have been working closely with Scott and his family throughout his treatment and recovery," so said the rep. "We have offered continual support since the accident occurred and we are working together to try and resolve any outstanding issues."
On Tuesday, August 30, McLean, who did a body double for Ed Helms in the movie, filed his lawsuit in California federal court. In his legal document, McLean claimed that he got injured when doing a stunt where he was required to lean out of a window of a moving vehicle. At that time, another car spun uncontrollably and crashed, resulting on a major collision.
According to McLean, the stunt needed "precision and timing". On the matter, he accused the stunt coordinator Russell Solberg of changing the timing just after they had started performing the stunt. "Solberg commanded to the driver of the automobile in which plaintiff Scott McLean was a passenger, that the speed of his vehicle be increased significantly to a speed unsafe for the stunt," so McLean claimed in his lawsuit.
McLean's representative told The Hollywood Reporter that his client suffered a "likely permanent brain and physical injuries." He had ongoing seizures, speech impediments, physical impediments and brain trauma after being lifted from Bangkok to Australia at that time.
"Hangover 2" was directed by Todd Phillips and released on May 26. The comedy film is starring Helms, along with Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Nick Cassavetes and Paul Giamatti.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier