Kelly Osbourne: Lady GaGa's Jo Calderone Copies Annie Lennox
Lady GaGa's Jo Calderone is still the talk of the town a couple of days after she appeared as her male alter-ego at MTV Video Music Awards. One person disagrees that the singer was original in her concept of drag, saying she copied Annie Lennox's idea.
Kelly Osbourne commented on the similarities via Twitter, writing "I love lady gaga but I wish she would start giving credit where credit is due!" Osbourne linked a video of Lennox performing her hit "Sweet Dreams" at the Grammy Awards back in 1984.
This is not the first time GaGa is accused of ripping other people's ideas. Her hit "Born This Way" is deemed too similar to Madonna's "Express" and her mermaid-in-wheelchair act reminds people of Bette Midler's stage performance. "Madonna, Bette Midler, Annie Lennox! Does Gaga have any ideas of her own or is she hoping everyone is too young to remember the originals?" a Twitter user commented.
GaGa has not responded but not everybody is against her move. The LGBT community applauded her bold decision to remain as Jo throughout the awards show. "I thought it was great," John Polly, editor of Logo's pop culture blog NewNowNext.com told MTV News. "Gender issues are often the most challenging for people, so I liked that she dove into it and stuck with it throughout the show."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'