Official Cast of 'DWTS' Season 13 Unraveled
ABC has unveiled the official cast line-up of "Dancing with the Stars" season 13, confirming the participation of some stars who had been mentioned in buzzing reports. They include Cher's son Chaz Bono, "Scream 4" actor David Arquette, former "The Hills" star Kristin Cavallari, George Clooney's ex Elisabetta Canalis and Kim Kardashian's younger brother Rob Kardashian.
From the sport world, there are Los Angeles Lakers' forward Ron Artest and female goal keeper Hope Solo. Rounding up the batch of twelve, which was announced during the Monday (August 29) episode of "Bachelor Pad", are HLN host Nancy Grace, "Hairspray" actress Ricki Lake, "All My Children" actor J.R. Martinez, the Wilson Phillips crooner Chynna Phillips, and fashion expert Carson Kressley.
Speaking of his participation on the reality show, Arquette stated, "I love to dance and I love to entertain, and there's no place better than this show to do that." Meanwhile, Grace compared her upcoming gig to her daily job as saying, "I think it will probably be a lot easier to report the live news than be the live news -- such as falling on your booty. So let's try to avoid that."
As for Lake, she insisted that her dancing experience in the past will not help her a lot on "DWTS". "I was 18 years old, that was 1988, I was 200 pounds and I was faking it the entire time," she explained. "I assure you, I do not have an edge here."
The new season of "DWTS" will begin on Monday, September 19 with its first result show airing on Tuesday, September 20. Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke will be back on the hosting duty, while professional dancer Derek Hough is confirmed to return to team up with one of the celebrity contestants.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival