Official Cast of 'DWTS' Season 13 Unraveled
ABC has unveiled the official cast line-up of "Dancing with the Stars" season 13, confirming the participation of some stars who had been mentioned in buzzing reports. They include Cher's son Chaz Bono, "Scream 4" actor David Arquette, former "The Hills" star Kristin Cavallari, George Clooney's ex Elisabetta Canalis and Kim Kardashian's younger brother Rob Kardashian.
From the sport world, there are Los Angeles Lakers' forward Ron Artest and female goal keeper Hope Solo. Rounding up the batch of twelve, which was announced during the Monday (August 29) episode of "Bachelor Pad", are HLN host Nancy Grace, "Hairspray" actress Ricki Lake, "All My Children" actor J.R. Martinez, the Wilson Phillips crooner Chynna Phillips, and fashion expert Carson Kressley.
Speaking of his participation on the reality show, Arquette stated, "I love to dance and I love to entertain, and there's no place better than this show to do that." Meanwhile, Grace compared her upcoming gig to her daily job as saying, "I think it will probably be a lot easier to report the live news than be the live news -- such as falling on your booty. So let's try to avoid that."
As for Lake, she insisted that her dancing experience in the past will not help her a lot on "DWTS". "I was 18 years old, that was 1988, I was 200 pounds and I was faking it the entire time," she explained. "I assure you, I do not have an edge here."
The new season of "DWTS" will begin on Monday, September 19 with its first result show airing on Tuesday, September 20. Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke will be back on the hosting duty, while professional dancer Derek Hough is confirmed to return to team up with one of the celebrity contestants.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences