Busta Rhymes Salutes Adam Levine for Dissing MTV Video Music Awards
Adam Levine has got an applaud for calling out MTV on the eve of its 28th Video Music Awards. The Maroon 5 lead singer tweeted on Saturday, August 27 that the VMAs were the "one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music", and apparently Busta Rhymes couldn't agree more.
Asked about Adam's tweet when met on the black carpet of the awards show on Sunday (August 28) evening, the "Touch It" rapper told a Los Angeles Times reporter, "I think it is true, unfortunately." He added, "It ain't what they used to be as far as supporting the music, you know what I'm sayin'?"
While sounding his support to Adam, the 39-year-old MC pointed out, "But at the end of the day, you still gotta come out and make sure that you are being acknowledged properly." In the end, he concluded by noting, "So I salute Adam Levine from Maroon 5 for shedding a light on that. It's real spit."
Back on Saturday, Adam spoke of his distaste for the VMAs on Twitter. "The VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. F**k you VMA's," so he wrote, prompting the network to respond, "Soooo you'll be tuning in at 9/8C tomorrow right? (BTW, bonus points if you TwitPic your 2004 Moonman!)"
Quick to shoot back, the mentor on "The Voice" wrote, "still waiting to have my 'jerry macguire mission statement moment of deep regret... ' not happening. phew!" Hours later, he posted another tweet that read, "I may be a pop singer. but every once in a while the angsty teenager in me just blurts out some raw honesty. it's a reflex."
More Busta Rhymes News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung