Busta Rhymes Salutes Adam Levine for Dissing MTV Video Music Awards
Adam Levine has got an applaud for calling out MTV on the eve of its 28th Video Music Awards. The Maroon 5 lead singer tweeted on Saturday, August 27 that the VMAs were the "one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music", and apparently Busta Rhymes couldn't agree more.
Asked about Adam's tweet when met on the black carpet of the awards show on Sunday (August 28) evening, the "Touch It" rapper told a Los Angeles Times reporter, "I think it is true, unfortunately." He added, "It ain't what they used to be as far as supporting the music, you know what I'm sayin'?"
While sounding his support to Adam, the 39-year-old MC pointed out, "But at the end of the day, you still gotta come out and make sure that you are being acknowledged properly." In the end, he concluded by noting, "So I salute Adam Levine from Maroon 5 for shedding a light on that. It's real spit."
Back on Saturday, Adam spoke of his distaste for the VMAs on Twitter. "The VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. F**k you VMA's," so he wrote, prompting the network to respond, "Soooo you'll be tuning in at 9/8C tomorrow right? (BTW, bonus points if you TwitPic your 2004 Moonman!)"
Quick to shoot back, the mentor on "The Voice" wrote, "still waiting to have my 'jerry macguire mission statement moment of deep regret... ' not happening. phew!" Hours later, he posted another tweet that read, "I may be a pop singer. but every once in a while the angsty teenager in me just blurts out some raw honesty. it's a reflex."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video