Busta Rhymes Salutes Adam Levine for Dissing MTV Video Music Awards
Adam Levine has got an applaud for calling out MTV on the eve of its 28th Video Music Awards. The Maroon 5 lead singer tweeted on Saturday, August 27 that the VMAs were the "one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music", and apparently Busta Rhymes couldn't agree more.
Asked about Adam's tweet when met on the black carpet of the awards show on Sunday (August 28) evening, the "Touch It" rapper told a Los Angeles Times reporter, "I think it is true, unfortunately." He added, "It ain't what they used to be as far as supporting the music, you know what I'm sayin'?"
While sounding his support to Adam, the 39-year-old MC pointed out, "But at the end of the day, you still gotta come out and make sure that you are being acknowledged properly." In the end, he concluded by noting, "So I salute Adam Levine from Maroon 5 for shedding a light on that. It's real spit."
Back on Saturday, Adam spoke of his distaste for the VMAs on Twitter. "The VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. F**k you VMA's," so he wrote, prompting the network to respond, "Soooo you'll be tuning in at 9/8C tomorrow right? (BTW, bonus points if you TwitPic your 2004 Moonman!)"
Quick to shoot back, the mentor on "The Voice" wrote, "still waiting to have my 'jerry macguire mission statement moment of deep regret... ' not happening. phew!" Hours later, he posted another tweet that read, "I may be a pop singer. but every once in a while the angsty teenager in me just blurts out some raw honesty. it's a reflex."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones