Busta Rhymes Salutes Adam Levine for Dissing MTV Video Music Awards
Adam Levine has got an applaud for calling out MTV on the eve of its 28th Video Music Awards. The Maroon 5 lead singer tweeted on Saturday, August 27 that the VMAs were the "one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music", and apparently Busta Rhymes couldn't agree more.
Asked about Adam's tweet when met on the black carpet of the awards show on Sunday (August 28) evening, the "Touch It" rapper told a Los Angeles Times reporter, "I think it is true, unfortunately." He added, "It ain't what they used to be as far as supporting the music, you know what I'm sayin'?"
While sounding his support to Adam, the 39-year-old MC pointed out, "But at the end of the day, you still gotta come out and make sure that you are being acknowledged properly." In the end, he concluded by noting, "So I salute Adam Levine from Maroon 5 for shedding a light on that. It's real spit."
Back on Saturday, Adam spoke of his distaste for the VMAs on Twitter. "The VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. F**k you VMA's," so he wrote, prompting the network to respond, "Soooo you'll be tuning in at 9/8C tomorrow right? (BTW, bonus points if you TwitPic your 2004 Moonman!)"
Quick to shoot back, the mentor on "The Voice" wrote, "still waiting to have my 'jerry macguire mission statement moment of deep regret... ' not happening. phew!" Hours later, he posted another tweet that read, "I may be a pop singer. but every once in a while the angsty teenager in me just blurts out some raw honesty. it's a reflex."
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd