Kim Kardashian in Process of Adding Kris Humphries' Last Name to Hers
Kim Kardashian is inching closer to adopting Kris Humphries' last name. Just days after the "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star tied the knot with the New Jersey Nets player, words came out from E! News that she is currently in the process of legally changing her name.
Unlike what has been suggested back in June, the 30-year-old won't drop her famous last name and take her husband's in replacement. Instead, she will add Humphries to her name and remain a Kardashian for her public and professional life much like what her younger sister Khloe Kardashian did after she married another NBA star Lamar Odom.
In another news, The Hollywood Reporter has uncovered that Kim and new husband Kris have officially signed a pre-nuptial agreement. Family wealth planner Laura Zwicker explained that the pre-nup serves as safeguards for both parties as well as the Kardashian clan, who have business ventures with Kim.
Additionally, Laura noted that should the newlyweds part ways in the future, it will be difficult for Kris to dispute the agreement. "In their situation, it's less likely that a court would find it was unconscionable," so she said. "They are similarly situated. She might have 10 times as much assets as he has, but he is not poverty stricken."
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage