Kim Kardashian in Process of Adding Kris Humphries' Last Name to Hers
Kim Kardashian is inching closer to adopting Kris Humphries' last name. Just days after the "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star tied the knot with the New Jersey Nets player, words came out from E! News that she is currently in the process of legally changing her name.
Unlike what has been suggested back in June, the 30-year-old won't drop her famous last name and take her husband's in replacement. Instead, she will add Humphries to her name and remain a Kardashian for her public and professional life much like what her younger sister Khloe Kardashian did after she married another NBA star Lamar Odom.
In another news, The Hollywood Reporter has uncovered that Kim and new husband Kris have officially signed a pre-nuptial agreement. Family wealth planner Laura Zwicker explained that the pre-nup serves as safeguards for both parties as well as the Kardashian clan, who have business ventures with Kim.
Additionally, Laura noted that should the newlyweds part ways in the future, it will be difficult for Kris to dispute the agreement. "In their situation, it's less likely that a court would find it was unconscionable," so she said. "They are similarly situated. She might have 10 times as much assets as he has, but he is not poverty stricken."
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza