Kim Kardashian in Process of Adding Kris Humphries' Last Name to Hers
Kim Kardashian is inching closer to adopting Kris Humphries' last name. Just days after the "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star tied the knot with the New Jersey Nets player, words came out from E! News that she is currently in the process of legally changing her name.
Unlike what has been suggested back in June, the 30-year-old won't drop her famous last name and take her husband's in replacement. Instead, she will add Humphries to her name and remain a Kardashian for her public and professional life much like what her younger sister Khloe Kardashian did after she married another NBA star Lamar Odom.
In another news, The Hollywood Reporter has uncovered that Kim and new husband Kris have officially signed a pre-nuptial agreement. Family wealth planner Laura Zwicker explained that the pre-nup serves as safeguards for both parties as well as the Kardashian clan, who have business ventures with Kim.
Additionally, Laura noted that should the newlyweds part ways in the future, it will be difficult for Kris to dispute the agreement. "In their situation, it's less likely that a court would find it was unconscionable," so she said. "They are similarly situated. She might have 10 times as much assets as he has, but he is not poverty stricken."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle