Darren Criss NOT Playing in Anti 'Glee'-Written 'Downers Grove'
Darren Criss was quick to slam rumor suggesting he was attached to "Downers Grove", a new movie written by Bret Easton Ellis. A representative for the actor who is well known for his portrayal as openly-gay Warblers student Blaine on "Glee" reached out to the Huffington Post to clarify the false report.
The casting rumor emerged after Ellis took to his Twitter to reveal the possibility of Darren joining the cast of the film. The news caused a buzz on the web because the screenwriter was never a fan of "Glee". He once slammed the TV series, writing "I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?"
The author, however, back pedaled his statement a little bit when linking Darren to his project. He wrote, "Whatever my problems with Glee have nothing to do with the incredibly talented cast itself. Have tastelessly bashed the show not the actors. And no the producers of the script I wrote (Downers Grove) which Darren Criss might (or might not) star in didn't make me write that tweet."
Although "Downers Grove" is not on his work schedule this year, Darren still has a lot on his sleeve. He has been promoted to be a full-time regular on the upcoming third season of "Glee", and is currently occupied with the filming of his movie "Imogene" with Kristen Wiig.
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl
- 'Deadpool 2' Will Start Filming Soon, Kerry Washington Responds to Casting Rumors
- Ronda Rousey Is Set to Guest Star as Prison Inmate on 'Blindspot'
- Kim Kardashian's Terrified Family's Lavish Lifestyle 'Has Affected' Kanye West's Mental State
- French Montana Partying With Chris Brown and Migos in 'Hold Up' Music Video
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was 'Racially Profiled' for Wearing Headscarf at Airport