Darren Criss NOT Playing in Anti 'Glee'-Written 'Downers Grove'
Darren Criss was quick to slam rumor suggesting he was attached to "Downers Grove", a new movie written by Bret Easton Ellis. A representative for the actor who is well known for his portrayal as openly-gay Warblers student Blaine on "Glee" reached out to the Huffington Post to clarify the false report.
The casting rumor emerged after Ellis took to his Twitter to reveal the possibility of Darren joining the cast of the film. The news caused a buzz on the web because the screenwriter was never a fan of "Glee". He once slammed the TV series, writing "I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?"
The author, however, back pedaled his statement a little bit when linking Darren to his project. He wrote, "Whatever my problems with Glee have nothing to do with the incredibly talented cast itself. Have tastelessly bashed the show not the actors. And no the producers of the script I wrote (Downers Grove) which Darren Criss might (or might not) star in didn't make me write that tweet."
Although "Downers Grove" is not on his work schedule this year, Darren still has a lot on his sleeve. He has been promoted to be a full-time regular on the upcoming third season of "Glee", and is currently occupied with the filming of his movie "Imogene" with Kristen Wiig.
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72