Darren Criss NOT Playing in Anti 'Glee'-Written 'Downers Grove'
Darren Criss was quick to slam rumor suggesting he was attached to "Downers Grove", a new movie written by Bret Easton Ellis. A representative for the actor who is well known for his portrayal as openly-gay Warblers student Blaine on "Glee" reached out to the Huffington Post to clarify the false report.
The casting rumor emerged after Ellis took to his Twitter to reveal the possibility of Darren joining the cast of the film. The news caused a buzz on the web because the screenwriter was never a fan of "Glee". He once slammed the TV series, writing "I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?"
The author, however, back pedaled his statement a little bit when linking Darren to his project. He wrote, "Whatever my problems with Glee have nothing to do with the incredibly talented cast itself. Have tastelessly bashed the show not the actors. And no the producers of the script I wrote (Downers Grove) which Darren Criss might (or might not) star in didn't make me write that tweet."
Although "Downers Grove" is not on his work schedule this year, Darren still has a lot on his sleeve. He has been promoted to be a full-time regular on the upcoming third season of "Glee", and is currently occupied with the filming of his movie "Imogene" with Kristen Wiig.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities