Jennifer Lawrence to Introduce First Footage of 'Hunger Games' at MTV VMAs
After releasing a series of pictures to introduce the main characters of "The Hunger Games", Lionsgate are now moving forward to tease scenes from the movie. The first footage is set to make its way out this coming Sunday, August 28 during MTV Video Music Awards.
Coming to the annual awards show to introduce the clip will be none other than Jennifer Lawrence herself, it's confirmed. The Raven Darkholme/Mystique of "X-Men: First Class" tackles the role of the main heroine, Katniss, in the movie.
Despite the eagerness to see for the first time how Suzanne Collins' best-selling novel is adapted into the big screen, there is rumor that the "Twilight Saga" camp are not happy with the arrangement. They reportedly mocked the "Hunger Games" team for copying their promotion strategy. "You'd think they could come up with their own plan," a source told E! Online. "It's a little disingenuous."
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Katniss steps up to take over her place.
Beside playing the leading lady, Jennifer will also lend her voice to the movie's soundtrack. She will sing "Rue's Lullaby", a tear-jerking tune she sings to her dying friend in the Arena. "It was beautiful," composer T-Bone Burnett said. "She did great. She's singing great. Killer actor too."
The film is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 23, 2012. Starring Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson as Katniss' suitors, it is reportedly planned as a trilogy just like the book series. Although the first movie is still far away from hitting theaters, its follow-up titled "Catching Fire" has already got an official release date. The sequel is set for 2013 Thanksgiving weekend on November 22.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed