'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Re-Edited in Wake of Russell Armstrong's Suicide
Russell Armstrong's death will affect the plot of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" season 2. After reports swirled that Bravo will postpone the premiere, the network denied that it has made a decision about the delay, but confirmed that the show is being re-edited.
"Contrary to what is being reported, we have not made a decision to change our original premiere date but we are in the process of re-editing the show," the channel's president, Frances Berwick, told Variety. Berwick's statement indicated that the reality series may stick to its current premiere date of September 5.
Berwick did not elaborate what change is going to be made, but it is speculated that the show will reshape or eliminate the presence of Russell over the course of the season. Words are, he was filmed to be featured in a prominent plotline that will highlight his marital strife with the series star, Taylor Armstrong.
Previously, The Hollywood Reporter learned from a source that the second season premiere will be pushed back by at least a week. "People are concerned about being associated with the show and his passing," the source stated. It was also reported that the show may not include Russell's funeral.
Russell Armstrong was found dead hanging at his friend's Los Angeles home, where he had been staying, last Monday night, August 15. His death has been ruled as suicide and his body was found in his bedroom more than 24 hours after he killed himself.
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music