Leona Lewis Settles 'Collide' Drama, Credits Avicii as Collaboration Partner
Leona Lewis has finally resolved drama surrounding her brand new single "Collide". The former winner of "The X Factor" was previously accused of ripping off Avicii's song. When she denied the copyright infringement accusation, a legal complaint was filed by the Swedish disc jokey.
According to the Guardian, both parties reached an 11th-hour agreement on Monday, August 15, just hours before the case was due to be heard at the high court in London. They declined to open up their terms of the agreement, but disclosed official release date for "Collide".
"It is announced today that Leona Lewis and Avicii will work together on the forthcoming single of 'Collide'. 'Collide' will be released on 4 September. Since getting its first radio play in the UK it has received rave reviews and is already topping club charts across the country," Leona's label Syco issued a statement the following day.
A new cover art for the upcoming single has been revealed, naming Leona and Avicii as collaboration partners. The picture, however, bears the image of the British singer only. In it, she looks radiantly beautiful wearing a bright-colored outfit.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS