Leona Lewis Settles 'Collide' Drama, Credits Avicii as Collaboration Partner
Leona Lewis has finally resolved drama surrounding her brand new single "Collide". The former winner of "The X Factor" was previously accused of ripping off Avicii's song. When she denied the copyright infringement accusation, a legal complaint was filed by the Swedish disc jokey.
According to the Guardian, both parties reached an 11th-hour agreement on Monday, August 15, just hours before the case was due to be heard at the high court in London. They declined to open up their terms of the agreement, but disclosed official release date for "Collide".
"It is announced today that Leona Lewis and Avicii will work together on the forthcoming single of 'Collide'. 'Collide' will be released on 4 September. Since getting its first radio play in the UK it has received rave reviews and is already topping club charts across the country," Leona's label Syco issued a statement the following day.
A new cover art for the upcoming single has been revealed, naming Leona and Avicii as collaboration partners. The picture, however, bears the image of the British singer only. In it, she looks radiantly beautiful wearing a bright-colored outfit.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special