Leona Lewis Breaks Silence About Plagiarism Rumor
Leona Lewis denied her newly-released single "Collide" is a rip-off of a track called "Penguin" by up-and-coming Swedish DJ Avicii aka Tim Berg. Contrary to the rumor, the former winner of "The X Factor" insisted she recorded the song after getting a blessing from the disc jokey.
"With regards to my song, avicii was aware & agreeing publishing splits for himself and his manager," the British singer wrote on her Twitter. She added in another posting, "When avicii sent his track out to have a song written over it I totally fell in love with this version and i think he's super talented x."
"Collide" is produced by Sandy Vee and written by Autumn Rowe. Sandy has previously debunked the plagiarism allegation, stating the DJ was actually listed on the song credit. He tweeted, "Talk only if you know what u r talking about....if not shut up. FYI , check the credits, u will find Tim Berg, Autumn and I."
However, Tim had a different story which contradicted Leona and Sandy's denials. He recently posted on his own Twitter page, "To be clear im not taking credit for the melody (everything was cleared with penguin cafe orchestra and simon jeffes who wrote the song)."
"Im just upset for someone taking credit of our idea before i had a chance to release it. And for the time and effort that has been put into this by my manager and label. And again to everyone who keeps asking about the leona lewis collide thing - we will come out with the full story from our perspective soon!"
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters