Leona Lewis Breaks Silence About Plagiarism Rumor
Leona Lewis denied her newly-released single "Collide" is a rip-off of a track called "Penguin" by up-and-coming Swedish DJ Avicii aka Tim Berg. Contrary to the rumor, the former winner of "The X Factor" insisted she recorded the song after getting a blessing from the disc jokey.
"With regards to my song, avicii was aware & agreeing publishing splits for himself and his manager," the British singer wrote on her Twitter. She added in another posting, "When avicii sent his track out to have a song written over it I totally fell in love with this version and i think he's super talented x."
"Collide" is produced by Sandy Vee and written by Autumn Rowe. Sandy has previously debunked the plagiarism allegation, stating the DJ was actually listed on the song credit. He tweeted, "Talk only if you know what u r talking about....if not shut up. FYI , check the credits, u will find Tim Berg, Autumn and I."
However, Tim had a different story which contradicted Leona and Sandy's denials. He recently posted on his own Twitter page, "To be clear im not taking credit for the melody (everything was cleared with penguin cafe orchestra and simon jeffes who wrote the song)."
"Im just upset for someone taking credit of our idea before i had a chance to release it. And for the time and effort that has been put into this by my manager and label. And again to everyone who keeps asking about the leona lewis collide thing - we will come out with the full story from our perspective soon!"
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri