Leona Lewis Breaks Silence About Plagiarism Rumor
Leona Lewis denied her newly-released single "Collide" is a rip-off of a track called "Penguin" by up-and-coming Swedish DJ Avicii aka Tim Berg. Contrary to the rumor, the former winner of "The X Factor" insisted she recorded the song after getting a blessing from the disc jokey.
"With regards to my song, avicii was aware & agreeing publishing splits for himself and his manager," the British singer wrote on her Twitter. She added in another posting, "When avicii sent his track out to have a song written over it I totally fell in love with this version and i think he's super talented x."
"Collide" is produced by Sandy Vee and written by Autumn Rowe. Sandy has previously debunked the plagiarism allegation, stating the DJ was actually listed on the song credit. He tweeted, "Talk only if you know what u r talking about....if not shut up. FYI , check the credits, u will find Tim Berg, Autumn and I."
However, Tim had a different story which contradicted Leona and Sandy's denials. He recently posted on his own Twitter page, "To be clear im not taking credit for the melody (everything was cleared with penguin cafe orchestra and simon jeffes who wrote the song)."
"Im just upset for someone taking credit of our idea before i had a chance to release it. And for the time and effort that has been put into this by my manager and label. And again to everyone who keeps asking about the leona lewis collide thing - we will come out with the full story from our perspective soon!"
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle