New On-Set Pictures and Video From 'Dark Knight Rises' See Batwing's Crash
Since Batman's new flying vehicle was spotted being brought to Pittsburgh last week, "The Dark Knight Rises" has filmed a lot of scenes featuring the new Batmobile. In new pictures taken from the recent shooting, the vehicle is seen crashing on street while being used in a chase scene.
The vehicle driven by a go-kart sped down the streets when the accident happened. It hit a stop light, causing the wing to came off before crumbling to the ground in a semi-wrecked form. Rumor has it, no actors were injured in the accident. The crew was also able to fix the damage after an hour later.
That day, Gary Oldman who plays Commissioner Jim Gordon in the film was also spotted filming a scene around the area. Wearing all-black outfit, the actor shot his scene on the top of a heavily armored truck. His stunt double was seen on the set as well.
The accident with the Batwing was not the only "Dark Knight Rises" mishap. Before the Batwing's crash, a stunt double for Anne Hathaway accidentally crashed a two-wheeled Batpod into an expensive camera equipment. Both the stunt double and the cameraman escaped without injuries, but the equipment was reportedly destroyed.
The "Dark Knight Rises" is planned for summer 2012 release. Christian Bale reprises his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman, and Christopher Nolan returns to directing seat. Tom Hardy tackles villainous Bane, Hathaway portrays Selina Kyle/Catwoman, and Marion Cotillard is added as Miranda Tate, a possible Villain No. 2.
Batwing filming chase scene:
Batwing crashing during the filming:
Batpod crashing a camera:
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics