Beyonce and Swizz Beatz Visit Kanye and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' Store
Kanye West and Jay-Z got a visit from Beyonce Knowles and Swizz Beatz at their pop-up store in downtown Manhattan on Friday night, August 12. Beyonce is featured in the rappers' new song called "Lift Off", while Swizz serves as one of the producer in their album "Watch the Throne".
Kanye and Jay-Z have opened the store on the day the album's physical copies were officially sold. They wrapped the building, located at SoHo neighborhood at 201 Mulberry Street, in royal gold. They put ornately-carved graphics of the album artwork on its wall, window and doors. Inside, a customized Maybach from "Otis" video is put on display.
Since introducing the collaboration album for the first time last year, Kanye has made a trend-setting promotional strategy by launching "G.O.O.D Friday" as a cross promotion for his solo album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". The promo campaign inspired Swizz and Timbaland to release "Monster Mondays" and "Timbaland Thursday" respectively.
Together with his partner Jiggaman, the "All of the Lights" rapper also caused buzz when they miracleously kept the joint album from leaking unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which came out before their release. Reliving pop-up store which became trend in early 2000s was their latest trend-setting promo move.
"Watch the Throne" was released digitally on iTunes on August 8. It's estimated to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies album in its first week. If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will sit at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 and would instantly place the two A-list rappers behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed