Kanye West and Jay-Z Relive Pop-Up Store Trend for 'Watch the Throne'
Kanye West and Jay-Z are going full throttle in promoting their collaboration album "Watch the Throne". To boost the sales of the album, the rap duo revived pop-up store which became trend in early 2000s as it added the fun beside serving as a short-term sale space. They have opened it starting Friday, August 12 at SoHo neighborhood at 201 Mulberry Street.
The New York store looks exactly like the Riccardo Tisci-designed cover art of the album. Its wall, window and doors are wrapped in royal gold, bearing ornately-carved graphics just like the artwork. Inside, a customized Maybach from "Otis" video is put on display.
Kanye and Jiggaman have released "Watch the Throne" digitally on iTunes since August 8. Unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which came out before their release, this record miracleously didn't leak until its official launching. It's estimated to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies album in its first week.
If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will sit at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200. Also, it would instantly place the two A-list rappers behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster holds the record with "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million.
More Kanye West News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?