Christopher Reid of Kid 'n Play Arrested for Missing DUI Court Dates
Former rapper Christopher Reid has got himself arrested on Tuesday, August 9. The "Kid" of '90s hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play was taken into custody by LAPD at his Los Angeles home on a warrant after missing a scheduled court hearing stemming from his 2010 drunk driving conviction.
Patricia Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Superior Court, said that a warrant for the 47-year-old's arrest was issued on August 2 after he skipped out on a July 25 hearing to prove completion of his probation requirements. He is currently still in custody with his bail set at $26,000. TMZ, who was first to report the arrest, noted that he was "very cooperative" with the cops.
Kid was busted for a DUI in Los Angeles on July 8 last year. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit in California. The "House Party" star pled no contest, and was sentenced to 3 years probation. He was also ordered to attend alcohol education program and 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in addition to paying more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72