Christopher Reid of Kid 'n Play Arrested for Missing DUI Court Dates
Former rapper Christopher Reid has got himself arrested on Tuesday, August 9. The "Kid" of '90s hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play was taken into custody by LAPD at his Los Angeles home on a warrant after missing a scheduled court hearing stemming from his 2010 drunk driving conviction.
Patricia Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Superior Court, said that a warrant for the 47-year-old's arrest was issued on August 2 after he skipped out on a July 25 hearing to prove completion of his probation requirements. He is currently still in custody with his bail set at $26,000. TMZ, who was first to report the arrest, noted that he was "very cooperative" with the cops.
Kid was busted for a DUI in Los Angeles on July 8 last year. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit in California. The "House Party" star pled no contest, and was sentenced to 3 years probation. He was also ordered to attend alcohol education program and 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in addition to paying more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce