Christopher Reid of Kid 'n Play Arrested for Missing DUI Court Dates
Former rapper Christopher Reid has got himself arrested on Tuesday, August 9. The "Kid" of '90s hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play was taken into custody by LAPD at his Los Angeles home on a warrant after missing a scheduled court hearing stemming from his 2010 drunk driving conviction.
Patricia Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Superior Court, said that a warrant for the 47-year-old's arrest was issued on August 2 after he skipped out on a July 25 hearing to prove completion of his probation requirements. He is currently still in custody with his bail set at $26,000. TMZ, who was first to report the arrest, noted that he was "very cooperative" with the cops.
Kid was busted for a DUI in Los Angeles on July 8 last year. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit in California. The "House Party" star pled no contest, and was sentenced to 3 years probation. He was also ordered to attend alcohol education program and 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in addition to paying more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt