Christopher Reid of Kid 'n Play Arrested for Missing DUI Court Dates
Former rapper Christopher Reid has got himself arrested on Tuesday, August 9. The "Kid" of '90s hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play was taken into custody by LAPD at his Los Angeles home on a warrant after missing a scheduled court hearing stemming from his 2010 drunk driving conviction.
Patricia Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Superior Court, said that a warrant for the 47-year-old's arrest was issued on August 2 after he skipped out on a July 25 hearing to prove completion of his probation requirements. He is currently still in custody with his bail set at $26,000. TMZ, who was first to report the arrest, noted that he was "very cooperative" with the cops.
Kid was busted for a DUI in Los Angeles on July 8 last year. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit in California. The "House Party" star pled no contest, and was sentenced to 3 years probation. He was also ordered to attend alcohol education program and 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in addition to paying more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'