Christopher Reid of Kid 'n Play Arrested for Missing DUI Court Dates
Former rapper Christopher Reid has got himself arrested on Tuesday, August 9. The "Kid" of '90s hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play was taken into custody by LAPD at his Los Angeles home on a warrant after missing a scheduled court hearing stemming from his 2010 drunk driving conviction.
Patricia Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Superior Court, said that a warrant for the 47-year-old's arrest was issued on August 2 after he skipped out on a July 25 hearing to prove completion of his probation requirements. He is currently still in custody with his bail set at $26,000. TMZ, who was first to report the arrest, noted that he was "very cooperative" with the cops.
Kid was busted for a DUI in Los Angeles on July 8 last year. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit in California. The "House Party" star pled no contest, and was sentenced to 3 years probation. He was also ordered to attend alcohol education program and 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in addition to paying more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters