Video: Jennifer Hudson Helps Celebrate President Obama's 50th Birthday
Jennifer Hudson recently helped President Barack Obama celebrate his 50th birthday in style. The former "American Idol" contestant led the crowd singing "Happy Birthday" for the president before delivering a solo performance of "Let It Be".
Her performance was also part of a fundraising event in Chicago for Obama's 2012 re-election campaign. It was held at the Aragon Ballroom on August 3, a day before Obama's actual birthday. OK Go and Herbie Hancock were the other guests attending the event.
In his speech, Obama said, "I could not have a better early birthday present than spending tonight with all of you." He later joked, "It is true that I turn 50 tomorrow, which means that by the time I wake up, I will have an email from AARP, asking me to call President Obama and tell him to protect Medicare."
A second celebration was held the next day at the White House. A brief toast for the president was held by senior administration staff members at midday, and it was followed by a reception for friends and family in the Rose Garden.
Jennifer Hudson singing "Happy Birthday":
Jennifer Hudson singing "Let It Be":
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty