Video: Jennifer Hudson Helps Celebrate President Obama's 50th Birthday
Jennifer Hudson recently helped President Barack Obama celebrate his 50th birthday in style. The former "American Idol" contestant led the crowd singing "Happy Birthday" for the president before delivering a solo performance of "Let It Be".
Her performance was also part of a fundraising event in Chicago for Obama's 2012 re-election campaign. It was held at the Aragon Ballroom on August 3, a day before Obama's actual birthday. OK Go and Herbie Hancock were the other guests attending the event.
In his speech, Obama said, "I could not have a better early birthday present than spending tonight with all of you." He later joked, "It is true that I turn 50 tomorrow, which means that by the time I wake up, I will have an email from AARP, asking me to call President Obama and tell him to protect Medicare."
A second celebration was held the next day at the White House. A brief toast for the president was held by senior administration staff members at midday, and it was followed by a reception for friends and family in the Rose Garden.
Jennifer Hudson singing "Happy Birthday":
Jennifer Hudson singing "Let It Be":
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight