'Game of Thrones' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'Thor 2'
"Thor 2" is one step closer to getting a director. Marvel Studios are in early talks with Brian Kirk, whose works include "Game of Thrones", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Dexter", to see if he could take on the directing job for the follow-up movie to "Thor".
According to Variety, Kirk is currently topping the list of filmmakers vying for the spot. It is said that he's been considered for the gig after showing his abilities to handle large ensembles of casts as well as complex storylines in his TV projects while also grounding the fantasy genre. Should he take the job, he'd be dealing with a large cast of Asgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth as the titular character. Don Payne, the screenwriter for "Thor", will provide the script for this sequel, while director Kenneth Branagh has opted not to return. This action adventure movie will be released in theaters across the United States after "The Avengers", with a due date of July 23, 2013.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed