'Game of Thrones' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'Thor 2'
"Thor 2" is one step closer to getting a director. Marvel Studios are in early talks with Brian Kirk, whose works include "Game of Thrones", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Dexter", to see if he could take on the directing job for the follow-up movie to "Thor".
According to Variety, Kirk is currently topping the list of filmmakers vying for the spot. It is said that he's been considered for the gig after showing his abilities to handle large ensembles of casts as well as complex storylines in his TV projects while also grounding the fantasy genre. Should he take the job, he'd be dealing with a large cast of Asgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth as the titular character. Don Payne, the screenwriter for "Thor", will provide the script for this sequel, while director Kenneth Branagh has opted not to return. This action adventure movie will be released in theaters across the United States after "The Avengers", with a due date of July 23, 2013.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction