'Game of Thrones' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'Thor 2'
"Thor 2" is one step closer to getting a director. Marvel Studios are in early talks with Brian Kirk, whose works include "Game of Thrones", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Dexter", to see if he could take on the directing job for the follow-up movie to "Thor".
According to Variety, Kirk is currently topping the list of filmmakers vying for the spot. It is said that he's been considered for the gig after showing his abilities to handle large ensembles of casts as well as complex storylines in his TV projects while also grounding the fantasy genre. Should he take the job, he'd be dealing with a large cast of Asgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth as the titular character. Don Payne, the screenwriter for "Thor", will provide the script for this sequel, while director Kenneth Branagh has opted not to return. This action adventure movie will be released in theaters across the United States after "The Avengers", with a due date of July 23, 2013.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed