'Game of Thrones' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'Thor 2'
"Thor 2" is one step closer to getting a director. Marvel Studios are in early talks with Brian Kirk, whose works include "Game of Thrones", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Dexter", to see if he could take on the directing job for the follow-up movie to "Thor".
According to Variety, Kirk is currently topping the list of filmmakers vying for the spot. It is said that he's been considered for the gig after showing his abilities to handle large ensembles of casts as well as complex storylines in his TV projects while also grounding the fantasy genre. Should he take the job, he'd be dealing with a large cast of Asgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth as the titular character. Don Payne, the screenwriter for "Thor", will provide the script for this sequel, while director Kenneth Branagh has opted not to return. This action adventure movie will be released in theaters across the United States after "The Avengers", with a due date of July 23, 2013.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory