'Game of Thrones' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'Thor 2'
"Thor 2" is one step closer to getting a director. Marvel Studios are in early talks with Brian Kirk, whose works include "Game of Thrones", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Dexter", to see if he could take on the directing job for the follow-up movie to "Thor".
According to Variety, Kirk is currently topping the list of filmmakers vying for the spot. It is said that he's been considered for the gig after showing his abilities to handle large ensembles of casts as well as complex storylines in his TV projects while also grounding the fantasy genre. Should he take the job, he'd be dealing with a large cast of Asgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth as the titular character. Don Payne, the screenwriter for "Thor", will provide the script for this sequel, while director Kenneth Branagh has opted not to return. This action adventure movie will be released in theaters across the United States after "The Avengers", with a due date of July 23, 2013.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama