Freshman 'Switched at Birth' Earns 22 Episodes Order
For having a strong start and continuing the accolade, "Switched at Birth" is given additional 22 episodes order. ABC Family announced that the new drama series will have a total of 32 episodes in the first season with the first 10 episodes ending this summer on August 8.
"Viewers have fallen in love with this show, just as we did when we first saw it," said ABC Family president Michael Riley in a statement. "We set out this year to bring viewers more original content than ever before, all with the trademarks of our bright, authentic, quality storytelling. We're so thrilled to see this series become a break-out hit this summer and become a key component of our programming lineup into next year."
Calling it the "back-season", the second batch of episodes will then premiere in early 2012.
"Switched at Birth", starring Katie Leclerc and Vanessa Marano, hit series high on recent July 25 airing. It is currently the network's second freshman season in the 18-34 and 18-49 demos, right behind "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen