Freshman 'Switched at Birth' Earns 22 Episodes Order
For having a strong start and continuing the accolade, "Switched at Birth" is given additional 22 episodes order. ABC Family announced that the new drama series will have a total of 32 episodes in the first season with the first 10 episodes ending this summer on August 8.
"Viewers have fallen in love with this show, just as we did when we first saw it," said ABC Family president Michael Riley in a statement. "We set out this year to bring viewers more original content than ever before, all with the trademarks of our bright, authentic, quality storytelling. We're so thrilled to see this series become a break-out hit this summer and become a key component of our programming lineup into next year."
Calling it the "back-season", the second batch of episodes will then premiere in early 2012.
"Switched at Birth", starring Katie Leclerc and Vanessa Marano, hit series high on recent July 25 airing. It is currently the network's second freshman season in the 18-34 and 18-49 demos, right behind "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video