Official: Chris Brown, Adele and Lil Wayne to Perform at 2011 MTV VMAs
The first three performers of 2011 MTV Video Music Awards have just been announced. Chris Brown, Adele and Lil Wayne are confirmed to make live performances during the live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28.
This will be Breezy's return as a musical act at the prize-giving event since his 2007 VMAs debut. "I am excited about my nominations and to be back on the VMA stage," he said in a statement. "I have a special performance planned for my wonderful fans."
For Adele, the upcoming show will mark her first-ever performance at the VMAs. This also might be the year of her domination. The "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker gets seven nominations including Best Female Video and the big prize of the night, Video of the Year.
Weezy has performed at the event for several times, but everytime he got booked, he's always excited. "Being a nominee and performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn't get that opportunity," he said. "Looking forward to performing on the show, and having 'Tha Carter IV' drop the same week!"
He actually has been rumored as one of the VMAs musical guests since mid-July. His manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant let it slip when assuring fans that there wouldn't be any pushback for his album. Tez said back then that the CD will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
Like Adele, Weezy and Breezy receive more than one nomination this year, but it was Katy Perry who sweeps the most nods with nine nominations. She bumps into Adele in all of the seven nods the Brit gets, and faces off both Weezy and Breezy in Best Collaboration.
Fans can vote for winners in all categories by visiting vma.mtv.com beginning July 20. For Best New Artist, they can additionally determine the winner by texting BNA to 66333. Presenters and other performers are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer