Lil Wayne to Perform at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
Lil Wayne reportedly has been booked to make a live performance at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The news was brought to attention by his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant when doing an interview with Billboard recently.
When chatting with the publication, Cortez initially talked about the release of Weezy's delayed studio album "Tha Carter IV". Assuring fans that there wouldn't be any pushback anymore, he said the album will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs is going to be held live from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on August 28, while "Tha Carter IV" will be released across the United States the following day. Led by single "6 Foot 7 Foot", the album was previously scheduled to hit the market across the country on June 21.
To tide fans over and show how sorry he is for the postponement, Weezy has given away a new street album called "Sorry 4 the Wait". Over the final track in the mixtape, he said, "I know I promised a whole lot of dates, but I'm sorry for the wait. I know y'all have been patiently waiting. I hope my apology is accepted, just as much as my music is."
Weezy is currently preparing to hit the road again for the extended leg of his I Am Still Music tour. To ensure that the rap mogul doesn't have a drink for he is banned from consuming alcohol until 2013, there will be alcohol-free backstage policy for his crew.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner