Lil Wayne to Perform at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
Lil Wayne reportedly has been booked to make a live performance at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The news was brought to attention by his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant when doing an interview with Billboard recently.
When chatting with the publication, Cortez initially talked about the release of Weezy's delayed studio album "Tha Carter IV". Assuring fans that there wouldn't be any pushback anymore, he said the album will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs is going to be held live from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on August 28, while "Tha Carter IV" will be released across the United States the following day. Led by single "6 Foot 7 Foot", the album was previously scheduled to hit the market across the country on June 21.
To tide fans over and show how sorry he is for the postponement, Weezy has given away a new street album called "Sorry 4 the Wait". Over the final track in the mixtape, he said, "I know I promised a whole lot of dates, but I'm sorry for the wait. I know y'all have been patiently waiting. I hope my apology is accepted, just as much as my music is."
Weezy is currently preparing to hit the road again for the extended leg of his I Am Still Music tour. To ensure that the rap mogul doesn't have a drink for he is banned from consuming alcohol until 2013, there will be alcohol-free backstage policy for his crew.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her