Lil Wayne to Perform at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
Lil Wayne reportedly has been booked to make a live performance at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The news was brought to attention by his manager Cortez "Tez" Bryant when doing an interview with Billboard recently.
When chatting with the publication, Cortez initially talked about the release of Weezy's delayed studio album "Tha Carter IV". Assuring fans that there wouldn't be any pushback anymore, he said the album will be in stores "immediately after" his VMAs performance.
2011 MTV VMAs is going to be held live from the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on August 28, while "Tha Carter IV" will be released across the United States the following day. Led by single "6 Foot 7 Foot", the album was previously scheduled to hit the market across the country on June 21.
To tide fans over and show how sorry he is for the postponement, Weezy has given away a new street album called "Sorry 4 the Wait". Over the final track in the mixtape, he said, "I know I promised a whole lot of dates, but I'm sorry for the wait. I know y'all have been patiently waiting. I hope my apology is accepted, just as much as my music is."
Weezy is currently preparing to hit the road again for the extended leg of his I Am Still Music tour. To ensure that the rap mogul doesn't have a drink for he is banned from consuming alcohol until 2013, there will be alcohol-free backstage policy for his crew.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby