Taylor Swift Chosen as 2011 Ultimate Choice Award Honoree
2011 Teen Choice Awards is still ten days away, but 21-year-old Taylor Swift has already won one prize. The country music cutie is set to receive Ultimate Choice Award, the highest TCAs honor to recognize her extraordinary contributions to the entertainment industry.
Swift follows the footsteps of Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Venus Williams and Serena Williams who got the award in the past years. She's going to be handed the coveted prize at the star-studded gala which is taking place on Sunday, August 7.
The "Mean" hitmaker has chances to take home more than one trophy. Beside winning the top honor, she is also vying for Choice Music: Tour, Break-Up Song, Country Artist Female, Country Track, Love Song and Female Artist. In the latest category, she is up against such senior as Adele, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Rihanna.
Voting for winners in music, movie, TV as well as sports and fashion has been opened on the TCAs official site, and will conclude Friday, August 5. The voters are limited only for fans aged 13-19. "The Big Bang Theory" star Kaley Cuoco is set to host the event. will.i.am serves as the house DJ, while Jason Derulo, Selena Gomez and OneRepublic are confirmed to perform.
Also making appearance at the show will be Robert Pattinson, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Cameron Diaz, Tom Felton, Ashley Greene, Joe Jonas, the Kardashian sisters, Ashton Kutcher, Taylor Lautner, Avril Lavigne, Kellan Lutz and Nikki Reed among others.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood