Taylor Swift Chosen as 2011 Ultimate Choice Award Honoree
2011 Teen Choice Awards is still ten days away, but 21-year-old Taylor Swift has already won one prize. The country music cutie is set to receive Ultimate Choice Award, the highest TCAs honor to recognize her extraordinary contributions to the entertainment industry.
Swift follows the footsteps of Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Venus Williams and Serena Williams who got the award in the past years. She's going to be handed the coveted prize at the star-studded gala which is taking place on Sunday, August 7.
The "Mean" hitmaker has chances to take home more than one trophy. Beside winning the top honor, she is also vying for Choice Music: Tour, Break-Up Song, Country Artist Female, Country Track, Love Song and Female Artist. In the latest category, she is up against such senior as Adele, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Rihanna.
Voting for winners in music, movie, TV as well as sports and fashion has been opened on the TCAs official site, and will conclude Friday, August 5. The voters are limited only for fans aged 13-19. "The Big Bang Theory" star Kaley Cuoco is set to host the event. will.i.am serves as the house DJ, while Jason Derulo, Selena Gomez and OneRepublic are confirmed to perform.
Also making appearance at the show will be Robert Pattinson, Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Cameron Diaz, Tom Felton, Ashley Greene, Joe Jonas, the Kardashian sisters, Ashton Kutcher, Taylor Lautner, Avril Lavigne, Kellan Lutz and Nikki Reed among others.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle