2011 Teen Choice Awards: Chris Colfer Up Against Justin Bieber in Red Carpet Icon Nom
The first wave of nominations for the 2011 Teen Choice Awards has been unraveled. Among those vying for the non-traditional categories are "Glee" star Chris Colfer and pop sensation Justin Bieber. The two young stars are up against each other and the likes of Zac Efron, Jaden Smith and Justin Timberlake for the Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon: Male title.
Aside from the Red Carpet Icon, Bieber also scores nomination for Choice Male Hottie and Choice Twit. He is competing against Joe Jonas, Ian Somerhalder and two "Twilight Saga" hunks, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson, for the Choice Hottie, and against Ellen DeGeneres and Ashton Kutcher among others for the Tweeters category.
While Bieber collects nom for Choice Male Hottie, his songstress girlfriend Selena Gomez is vying for its counterpart. She is listed among the nominees of Choice Female Hottie, which include "The Vampire Diaries" beauty Nina Dobrev, reality star Kim Kardashian and "Black Swan" actress Mila Kunis.
Former Disney darling Miley Cyrus and "Born This Way" hitmaker Lady GaGa also bag a nomination in the non-traditional categories. They are up for Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon: Female along with Taylor Swift, Vanessa Hudgens and Jennifer Lopez. Meanwhile, the sport categories see Shaun White and Maria Sharapova among the nominees.
Teen Choice Awards also honors the biggest achievements in music, movies and television. This year's ceremony will take place on Sunday, August 7 and broadcast live on FOX. Fans aged 13 to 19 can vote for their favorites on the official website starting from Wednesday, June 29. More nominees as well as performers and presenters will be announced shortly.
Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon: Female
- Jon Jones (Mixed Martial Arts)
- Dirk Nowitzki (Basketball)
- Manny Pacquiao (Boxing)
- Albert Pujols (Baseball)
- Shaun White (Snowboarding/Skateboarding/Surfing)
- Shawn Johnson (Gymnastics)
- Danica Patrick (Auto Racing)
- Maria Sharapova (Tennis)
- Lindsey Vonn (Ski Racing)
- Serena Williams (Tennis)
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'