Family Speaks in Front of Amy Winehouse's House
Dad Mitch, mom Janis and older brother Alex arrived in London a day after their beloved Amy Winehouse died. Mitch, who had encouraged his daughter to get help numerous times, addressed the crowd of fans, reporters and photographers who have gathered outside the jazz singer's home.
"We're devastated and I am speechless. Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and friends and to you guys as well," Mitch said. He was seen wiping tears as he exited the house while mom Janis cried when reading the notes Amy's fans have left for her under the tree in front of the house.
"I know a lot of you, we've been together for five or six years and I know you've got a job to do. I'm glad you're all here anyway," he said in front of the press. "And as to you people in the street, I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier. We're devastated and I am speechless. Amy was about one thing and that was love. He whole life was devoted to her family and friends and to you guys as well."
Mitch said that the messages of support and tributes have made the process "a lot easier". The family is still waiting for the autopsy result which is expected to be completed on Monday, July 25.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!