Family Speaks in Front of Amy Winehouse's House
Dad Mitch, mom Janis and older brother Alex arrived in London a day after their beloved Amy Winehouse died. Mitch, who had encouraged his daughter to get help numerous times, addressed the crowd of fans, reporters and photographers who have gathered outside the jazz singer's home.
"We're devastated and I am speechless. Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and friends and to you guys as well," Mitch said. He was seen wiping tears as he exited the house while mom Janis cried when reading the notes Amy's fans have left for her under the tree in front of the house.
"I know a lot of you, we've been together for five or six years and I know you've got a job to do. I'm glad you're all here anyway," he said in front of the press. "And as to you people in the street, I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier. We're devastated and I am speechless. Amy was about one thing and that was love. He whole life was devoted to her family and friends and to you guys as well."
Mitch said that the messages of support and tributes have made the process "a lot easier". The family is still waiting for the autopsy result which is expected to be completed on Monday, July 25.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'