'The Amazing Spider-Man' Official Teaser Trailer Unleashed
A day after "The Amazing Spider-Man" teaser trailer leaked, Sony Pictures has released the official version online. Containing exactly the same footage seen in the bootleg version, it gives a better look at Peter Parker as a little boy and his parents, who left him with Aunt May and Uncle Ben. The preview also shares scenes when teen Peter has a dinner with Gwen Stacy's family and sews what looks like his Spider-Man costume.
While in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy Peter was seen as a nerd, the new movie depicts him more like an outsider. Talking about this reinvention, "Amazing Spider-Man" director Marc Webb has previously explained, "What was important in those early comics was this notion that Peter Parker is an outsider and how we define that in a contemporary context. That, I think, was one of the challenges for us - getting Peter Parker's outsider status to be current."
Playing the titular character is Andrew Garfield with Emma Stone starring opposite him as Peter's love interest Gwen, and Rhys Ifans taking the role of Dr. Curt Conners/The Lizard. The movie is set to arrive in theaters across the nation on July 3, 2012.
"Amazing Spider-Man" will take part at this year's San Diego Comic Con when Sony holds a panel for its upcoming releases on Friday, July 22. In another promotional effort, an official poster for the movie has been displayed at the side of the Hard Rock Hotel, featuring the Spider-Man logo on his costume.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son