Video: Justin Bieber Promotes Responsible Text Messaging
Justin Bieber wants people to say no to texting while driving. Joining forces with PhoneGuard and the Remember Alex Brown Foundation, the "Baby" hitmaker stars in an ad campaign for the cause. "I get it, it's tempting to text and drive, but maybe it's time to take responsibility for our actions," he says in the beginning of the video.
"If someone texts you while you're driving, let them wait," the teen heartthrob continues before stressing that someone's life is more important than a text could ever be. He also encourages people to download PhoneGuard, a free app that prevents drivers from texting while traveling at more than 10 miles-an-hour.
The boyfriend of Selena Gomez has taken to Twitter to announce the launch of the campaign. "we Launch 2day - proud to be working with @Phone_Guard & @RABFoundation #donttextanddrive #textresponsibly #makeachange," so he wrote. He later tweeted a link to the ad video featuring Alex Brown's family with a note that read, "this is why you DONT TEXT and DRIVE."
Bieber was inspired to support the cause after meeting the family of Alex Brown, who died in 2009 because she was using her phone while driving. Speaking about the campaign that raises awareness of the danger of texting while driving, he explained, "This campaign isn't antitexting. It's about texting responsibly."
More Justin Bieber News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed