Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About His Past Dependence on Alcohol
Apparently not even Daniel Radcliffe could escape the temptation of alcohol. While he seemed to be handling the pressures of his fame as child star really well, the leading man of the "Harry Potter" series recently opened up that he has his battle with alcohol when he was 18 and working on "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
To GQ magazine, the 21-year-old confessed he once became "so reliant on" alcohol to enjoy stuff. Admitting he had become "complacent" about his work, he added, "There were a few years there when I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."
In the interview, Daniel admitted that he was lucky the paparazzi failed to capture his drink-fueled excess. "I really got away with that because there were many instances when a shot like that could have been taken," explained the star of Broadway production "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".
The actor, who will be seen in "The Woman in Black", claimed he is now teetotal. He has stopped drinking last August, and would rather spend his downtime at home with his girlfriend. He said of his current lifestyle, "I'm actually enjoying the fact I can have a relationship with my girlfriend where I'm really pleasant and I'm not f***ing up totally all the time."
"As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn't work for me. I do that very unsuccessfully," he added. "I'd just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh. There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life. And that's been the realization of the past few years for me."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant