Scarlett Johansson Might Play Opposite Colin Firth in Danny Boyle's 'Trance'
Scarlett Johansson and Colin Firth are reportedly set to join the cast ensemble for a forthcoming Danny Boyle-directed movie, "Trance". While the "Lost in Translation" actress is considered for the role of leading lady Elizabeth, Oscar-winning actor Colin could play major supporting role of Aiden.
Multiple sources tell Twitch that Scarlett is the current favorite from Danny's candidate list, which includes Zoe Saldana and Melanie Thierry. Meanwhile, it is reported that Danny wants Colin to replace Michael Fassbender in the project, although the director has yet to make a formal offer to the 50-year-old actor.
In June, it was reported that Michael dropped out of the cast ensemble due to scheduling issue and was replaced by his "X-Men: First Class" co-star James McAvoy. It was later revealed that James and Michael were cast for different parts with the former portraying a character named Simon.
"Trance" is a remake of a 2003 British TV movie which was directed by Joe Ahearne. The story centers on an assistant at an auction house who masterminds a heist and joins a group of thieves to steal a valuable painting. He's the key in the gang since he's the only one who knows where the painting is.
Unfortunately, he then gets a hit in the head and wakes up with amnesia so that he cannot remember where the painting is hidden. After he fails to recall his lost memory, the gang hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain. The production is scheduled to begin this fall before the Summer Olympics starts in 2012.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture