Scarlett Johansson Might Play Opposite Colin Firth in Danny Boyle's 'Trance'
Scarlett Johansson and Colin Firth are reportedly set to join the cast ensemble for a forthcoming Danny Boyle-directed movie, "Trance". While the "Lost in Translation" actress is considered for the role of leading lady Elizabeth, Oscar-winning actor Colin could play major supporting role of Aiden.
Multiple sources tell Twitch that Scarlett is the current favorite from Danny's candidate list, which includes Zoe Saldana and Melanie Thierry. Meanwhile, it is reported that Danny wants Colin to replace Michael Fassbender in the project, although the director has yet to make a formal offer to the 50-year-old actor.
In June, it was reported that Michael dropped out of the cast ensemble due to scheduling issue and was replaced by his "X-Men: First Class" co-star James McAvoy. It was later revealed that James and Michael were cast for different parts with the former portraying a character named Simon.
"Trance" is a remake of a 2003 British TV movie which was directed by Joe Ahearne. The story centers on an assistant at an auction house who masterminds a heist and joins a group of thieves to steal a valuable painting. He's the key in the gang since he's the only one who knows where the painting is.
Unfortunately, he then gets a hit in the head and wakes up with amnesia so that he cannot remember where the painting is hidden. After he fails to recall his lost memory, the gang hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain. The production is scheduled to begin this fall before the Summer Olympics starts in 2012.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics