Scarlett Johansson Might Play Opposite Colin Firth in Danny Boyle's 'Trance'
Scarlett Johansson and Colin Firth are reportedly set to join the cast ensemble for a forthcoming Danny Boyle-directed movie, "Trance". While the "Lost in Translation" actress is considered for the role of leading lady Elizabeth, Oscar-winning actor Colin could play major supporting role of Aiden.
Multiple sources tell Twitch that Scarlett is the current favorite from Danny's candidate list, which includes Zoe Saldana and Melanie Thierry. Meanwhile, it is reported that Danny wants Colin to replace Michael Fassbender in the project, although the director has yet to make a formal offer to the 50-year-old actor.
In June, it was reported that Michael dropped out of the cast ensemble due to scheduling issue and was replaced by his "X-Men: First Class" co-star James McAvoy. It was later revealed that James and Michael were cast for different parts with the former portraying a character named Simon.
"Trance" is a remake of a 2003 British TV movie which was directed by Joe Ahearne. The story centers on an assistant at an auction house who masterminds a heist and joins a group of thieves to steal a valuable painting. He's the key in the gang since he's the only one who knows where the painting is.
Unfortunately, he then gets a hit in the head and wakes up with amnesia so that he cannot remember where the painting is hidden. After he fails to recall his lost memory, the gang hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain. The production is scheduled to begin this fall before the Summer Olympics starts in 2012.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'