Kristen Stewart's 'Snow White' Project Planned as Trilogy
Kristen Stewart's take on Snow White will not end right after she completes filming "Snow White and the Huntsman". Joe Roth has recently said that he plans to make the folktale action-adventure movie into a trilogy with the upcoming June 1, 2012 release as the first installment.
"It's meant to be the first in a series of films," the producer told Entertainment Weekly. "This story will end, but there will be questions remaining for these three characters," he further revealed, referring to the title characters as well as the evil queen.
Speaking about the characters, Roth said that Stewart's Snow White will be different from the sweetly-singing princess seen before. "She starts out not a damsel in distress, but innocent, and after 11 years of imprisonment by the Evil Queen, she escapes and learns the ways of a warrior in the woods," the 62-year-old filmmaker explained.
As for the huntsman who will be portrayed by Chris Hemsworth, Roth detailed, "He's not a nice guy, but not only that he's someone who has lost hope and lost faith. He has lost his wife, given up on everything." Still, he insisted that the huntsman is not a killer.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is scheduled to kick off principal photography in August for June 1, 2012 release in the U.S. Charlize Theron is tapped to play the evil queen with Ian McShane, Sam Claflin and Ray Winstone taking supporting roles.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch