Pictures and Video: Beyonce Wows 'Good Morning America' Crowd
Fresh off her Harlem surprise visit, Beyonce Knowles dropped by Central Park on a fine morning of Friday, July 1 to perform for "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series". Wearing a sexy crocheted minidress and rocking a big hair, she brought girl power to the Rumsey playfield with an all-girl band.
The wife of rapper Jay-Z did the gig as a promotion for her upcoming studio album "4". She, however, didn't fill her set merely with new songs, but she also mixed them with an older material from her previous effort. She sang "Run the World (Girls)", "1+1", "Best Thing I Never Had" and "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)".
In the interview segment with host Robin Roberts, Beyonce expressed her gratitude for fans' support and thanked them for coming to the gig. She additionally took time to talk about her new movie project, "A Star Is Born". "Clint Eastwood. Can you believe that? I can't believe it still," she gushed.
"I know when I met with him I was just in awe. I am so, so honored that he believes in me and I can't wait to do this film. I represent this generation's talent and for me to be the chosen person - as an African American woman - is incredible!"
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo