Video: Beyonce Knowles Pulls Off Surprise Visit at Harlem Target
Beyonce Knowles has delighted a group of young fans in New York City with her surprise appearance. On Thursday, June 30, the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" hitmaker came to a Target store in East Harlem and helped celebrate the store's one year anniversary with the local Boys & Girls Club.
The 29-year-old singer popped out on the stage while her choreographer Frank Gatson was in the middle of conducting an instructional dance lesson, sending the young group into a frenzy. After greeting those standing on the stage with a warm hug, she joined them in dancing to her new song, "Countdown".
For the surprise visit, Queen Bey wore a strapless black and white patterned dress. She let loose her curly hair around her shoulders. After the dance number came to an end, the "Run the World (Girls)" singer took time to chat with the kids, asking them their names and praising them for their dancing. She also thanked the crowd for coming.
Some of the kids expressed their excitement afterward. 15-year-old Symone Huggins said as quoted by CBS New York, "It was amazing. I didn't even know she was behind me. I turned and was like 'oh my God!' " 5-year-old Milan Perdomo chimed in, "She makes me dance, and she makes me feel like having a playdate with her."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board