'America's Got Talent' Found Its Susan Boyle in Texas
America may have just found its Susan Boyle. In the Houston, Texas audition of Got an awkward housewife named Cindy Chang decided to make her dream as a singer come true. At the end of the day, her pipes made judge Piers Morgan stand up and people chant her name.
The 42-year-old said in the interview that she is a full-time housemaker who wants to fulfill her childhood dream as a singer. She only trained her voice in her twenties and she drinks olive oil to loosen her vocal cords.
When told by Morgan to say something special about her, Chang said, "I used to be really shy. Iím still a little shy but I've come out of my shell a little bit," adding, "I wanted to always be a singer but my parents said no." After wowing the audience and the judges, Chang burst into tears and covered her face.
Morgan said if her parents had watched her performance, they would realize that they have made a "big mistake". Sharon Osbourne commented, "You have a very beautiful voice Cindy and youíre a very beautiful woman too. I can tell inside as well as out."
Through unanimous votes, Chang went through to the next audition in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance