'America's Got Talent' Found Its Susan Boyle in Texas
America may have just found its Susan Boyle. In the Houston, Texas audition of Got an awkward housewife named Cindy Chang decided to make her dream as a singer come true. At the end of the day, her pipes made judge Piers Morgan stand up and people chant her name.
The 42-year-old said in the interview that she is a full-time housemaker who wants to fulfill her childhood dream as a singer. She only trained her voice in her twenties and she drinks olive oil to loosen her vocal cords.
When told by Morgan to say something special about her, Chang said, "I used to be really shy. Iím still a little shy but I've come out of my shell a little bit," adding, "I wanted to always be a singer but my parents said no." After wowing the audience and the judges, Chang burst into tears and covered her face.
Morgan said if her parents had watched her performance, they would realize that they have made a "big mistake". Sharon Osbourne commented, "You have a very beautiful voice Cindy and youíre a very beautiful woman too. I can tell inside as well as out."
Through unanimous votes, Chang went through to the next audition in Las Vegas, Nevada.
More America's Got Talent News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...