TBS Denies Negotiating With Charlie Sheen for New Sitcom
There is a rumor circulating around that Charlie Sheen has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star on a new sitcom, with TBS among networks bidding on the show. But the cable channel denies it is going to help bring the troubled actor back on TV, saying through a representative "TBS is not in discussions for a possible project with Charlie Sheen."
According to Radar Online which first brought the story to surface, TBS wants to acquire Sheen's new sitcom as an effort to expand its comedy division. "Plus cable makes more sense because it offers more creative freedom," an insider told the site. "In other words the show can be raunchier and more outrageous, which is perfect for Charlie!"
The show is said to feature Sheen as a character similar to the one he played on "Two And a Half Men". However, the new sitcom will be "a lot racier". The insider said that Lionsgate has "committed to ten episodes up front with the option to pick-up and produce 90 more episodes if the ratings prove to be successful." Lionsgate, however, refuses to comment on the report.
Charlie Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men" after making public insults toward producer Chuck Lorre. TMZ recently reported his character, Charlie Harper, will be written off in a way that prevents him from returning to the show. Words are, the scenarios include the character driving his car off a cliff.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?