TBS Denies Negotiating With Charlie Sheen for New Sitcom
There is a rumor circulating around that Charlie Sheen has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star on a new sitcom, with TBS among networks bidding on the show. But the cable channel denies it is going to help bring the troubled actor back on TV, saying through a representative "TBS is not in discussions for a possible project with Charlie Sheen."
According to Radar Online which first brought the story to surface, TBS wants to acquire Sheen's new sitcom as an effort to expand its comedy division. "Plus cable makes more sense because it offers more creative freedom," an insider told the site. "In other words the show can be raunchier and more outrageous, which is perfect for Charlie!"
The show is said to feature Sheen as a character similar to the one he played on "Two And a Half Men". However, the new sitcom will be "a lot racier". The insider said that Lionsgate has "committed to ten episodes up front with the option to pick-up and produce 90 more episodes if the ratings prove to be successful." Lionsgate, however, refuses to comment on the report.
Charlie Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men" after making public insults toward producer Chuck Lorre. TMZ recently reported his character, Charlie Harper, will be written off in a way that prevents him from returning to the show. Words are, the scenarios include the character driving his car off a cliff.
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri