Video: 'Modern Family' Star Ed O'Neill on His Struggle With Bullying
Not even Ed O'Neill can escape bullying. When discussing about the fight against bullying in an interview on HDNet's show "Inside MMA", the actor portraying Jay Pritchett on "Modern Family" admitted that he, too, was bullied when he was a kid. He continued to point out what made him feel like he had no one to turn to at the time.
"When I was bullied, there was a certain code of honor when you were a boy at school. You didn't go get a teacher and complain about a guy that's bullying you because that was worse," the 65-year-old said. "And I didn't tell me parents at home because I feel like my father would just say, 'Well go fight the guy. I don't care how big he is.' So that was a problem. I didn't really know how to handle it myself."
Ed isn't the only "Modern Family" cast member who used to struggle with bullying. Back in October 2010, his co-star Jesse Tyler Ferguson described his experience as hard and horrible. The openly gay actor told E! News he "lived every day in fear" and even "left school in the eighth grade" to go to a different school because of it.
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette