Video: 'Modern Family' Star Ed O'Neill on His Struggle With Bullying
Not even Ed O'Neill can escape bullying. When discussing about the fight against bullying in an interview on HDNet's show "Inside MMA", the actor portraying Jay Pritchett on "Modern Family" admitted that he, too, was bullied when he was a kid. He continued to point out what made him feel like he had no one to turn to at the time.
"When I was bullied, there was a certain code of honor when you were a boy at school. You didn't go get a teacher and complain about a guy that's bullying you because that was worse," the 65-year-old said. "And I didn't tell me parents at home because I feel like my father would just say, 'Well go fight the guy. I don't care how big he is.' So that was a problem. I didn't really know how to handle it myself."
Ed isn't the only "Modern Family" cast member who used to struggle with bullying. Back in October 2010, his co-star Jesse Tyler Ferguson described his experience as hard and horrible. The openly gay actor told E! News he "lived every day in fear" and even "left school in the eighth grade" to go to a different school because of it.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak