Video: 'Modern Family' Star Ed O'Neill on His Struggle With Bullying
Not even Ed O'Neill can escape bullying. When discussing about the fight against bullying in an interview on HDNet's show "Inside MMA", the actor portraying Jay Pritchett on "Modern Family" admitted that he, too, was bullied when he was a kid. He continued to point out what made him feel like he had no one to turn to at the time.
"When I was bullied, there was a certain code of honor when you were a boy at school. You didn't go get a teacher and complain about a guy that's bullying you because that was worse," the 65-year-old said. "And I didn't tell me parents at home because I feel like my father would just say, 'Well go fight the guy. I don't care how big he is.' So that was a problem. I didn't really know how to handle it myself."
Ed isn't the only "Modern Family" cast member who used to struggle with bullying. Back in October 2010, his co-star Jesse Tyler Ferguson described his experience as hard and horrible. The openly gay actor told E! News he "lived every day in fear" and even "left school in the eighth grade" to go to a different school because of it.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival