Video: 'Modern Family' Star Ed O'Neill on His Struggle With Bullying
Not even Ed O'Neill can escape bullying. When discussing about the fight against bullying in an interview on HDNet's show "Inside MMA", the actor portraying Jay Pritchett on "Modern Family" admitted that he, too, was bullied when he was a kid. He continued to point out what made him feel like he had no one to turn to at the time.
"When I was bullied, there was a certain code of honor when you were a boy at school. You didn't go get a teacher and complain about a guy that's bullying you because that was worse," the 65-year-old said. "And I didn't tell me parents at home because I feel like my father would just say, 'Well go fight the guy. I don't care how big he is.' So that was a problem. I didn't really know how to handle it myself."
Ed isn't the only "Modern Family" cast member who used to struggle with bullying. Back in October 2010, his co-star Jesse Tyler Ferguson described his experience as hard and horrible. The openly gay actor told E! News he "lived every day in fear" and even "left school in the eighth grade" to go to a different school because of it.
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'