911 Call About Amber Portwood's Suicide Threat Comes Out
An audio file of the 911 call made on Tuesday, June 14 after Amber Portwood allegedly threatened to kill herself has been released. The copy, obtained by ET, reveals that on-off boyfriend and baby daddy Gary Shirley was the one informing the local police department in Anderson, Indiana about the "Teen Mom" star.
Calling at 11:34 A.M., Gary calmly told the operator, "Hi, I just spoke with my girlfriend, and she had said something to me, Amber Portwood, she said something to me that she is having a hard time with her life." He added that Amber has told him, "Call the police, they can find my body in the garage."
Having said, "I'm getting a hold of you because I don't want her to kill herself," Gary went on to detail that Amber has threatened to take her own life several times before. He added that he has also called his mother to go visit the 21-year-old reality star, and that she is not answering his phone calls. He is also head telling the operator, "She is going to hang herself!"
Star magazine previously reported that Amber has been rushed to a hospital on Tuesday after being found unconscious in her home on the couch with a rope around her neck. A statement from the Anderson Police Department later confirmed that the mother of one "was depressed and threatening to end her life." It further read, "The victim, who did not appear to be injured, was transported to a local medical facility for further evaluation."
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet