Aria Caught in Love Triangle in 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 2
Aria Montgomery's love life is getting more complicated in season 2 of "Pretty Little Liars". The character played by Lucy Hale will find herself caught in a love triangle as another man threatens her relationship with Ezra.
Making it more intriguing, the third person is none other than the brother of her deceased friend, Alison. "You've met the character before," executive producer I. Marlene King gushes about Aria's new love interest. "But he's been recast so it's going to be a new actor in that role."
Alison's brother Jason DiLaurentis has indeed been recast with Drew Van Acker replacing original actor Parker Bagley. On why they decided to recast the role, Marlene claims, "This actor works more for where we're going with that story."
Spilling more details on how Aria and Jason grow closer, Marlene explains, "He plays a dark and mysterious guy, and he taps into Aria's dark and mysterious side. She used to be what we call 'Goth-lite' in flashbacks, he kind of taps into that, he remembers Aria in her pink hair and the person she used to be, and they kind of connect in that way."
"They say, like, 'People will only remember the dark details of Alison's murder,' and Aria says, 'We're those dark details.' So [Aria and Jason] have that thing in common," Marlene further tells E! Online. In the upcoming season, Jason will be residing in Maya's house, where the DiLaurentis family lived before his sister Alison died, alone without his mother and father.
Another tidbit is also obtained for Spencer and Toby's relationship. Teasing on what can be expected from the couple, Troian Bellisario tells Zap2it, "You'll see a lot of sort of star-crossed lovers - sneaking out trying to get to each other and just enjoy each other. She's really happy when she's with him. She feels safe."
But something will strain their relationship as Troian says, "The hard thing about that is how much can you enjoy a relationship that you can't really have?" Things are likely to get complicated with the return of Melissa's ex-fiance, Wren. "I can tell you that Toby's not too thrilled that he's back," the Spencer depicter gushes.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return will all new episodes on Tuesday, June 14 at 9 P.M. ET on ABC Family. Annabeth Gish has been cast as Anne Sullivan, a therapist who may dig out secrets from from Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily.
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers