Aria Caught in Love Triangle in 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 2
Aria Montgomery's love life is getting more complicated in season 2 of "Pretty Little Liars". The character played by Lucy Hale will find herself caught in a love triangle as another man threatens her relationship with Ezra.
Making it more intriguing, the third person is none other than the brother of her deceased friend, Alison. "You've met the character before," executive producer I. Marlene King gushes about Aria's new love interest. "But he's been recast so it's going to be a new actor in that role."
Alison's brother Jason DiLaurentis has indeed been recast with Drew Van Acker replacing original actor Parker Bagley. On why they decided to recast the role, Marlene claims, "This actor works more for where we're going with that story."
Spilling more details on how Aria and Jason grow closer, Marlene explains, "He plays a dark and mysterious guy, and he taps into Aria's dark and mysterious side. She used to be what we call 'Goth-lite' in flashbacks, he kind of taps into that, he remembers Aria in her pink hair and the person she used to be, and they kind of connect in that way."
"They say, like, 'People will only remember the dark details of Alison's murder,' and Aria says, 'We're those dark details.' So [Aria and Jason] have that thing in common," Marlene further tells E! Online. In the upcoming season, Jason will be residing in Maya's house, where the DiLaurentis family lived before his sister Alison died, alone without his mother and father.
Another tidbit is also obtained for Spencer and Toby's relationship. Teasing on what can be expected from the couple, Troian Bellisario tells Zap2it, "You'll see a lot of sort of star-crossed lovers - sneaking out trying to get to each other and just enjoy each other. She's really happy when she's with him. She feels safe."
But something will strain their relationship as Troian says, "The hard thing about that is how much can you enjoy a relationship that you can't really have?" Things are likely to get complicated with the return of Melissa's ex-fiance, Wren. "I can tell you that Toby's not too thrilled that he's back," the Spencer depicter gushes.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return will all new episodes on Tuesday, June 14 at 9 P.M. ET on ABC Family. Annabeth Gish has been cast as Anne Sullivan, a therapist who may dig out secrets from from Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily.
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance