Travis Pastrana Proposes to Girlfriend at Nitro Circus Live
Travis Pastrana has gotten himself engaged to longtime girlfriend Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins. The X Games gold medalist got down on one knees to ask the female skateboarder's hand in marriage during Nitro Circus Live, an exhibition motocross event held at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, June 4.
The daredevil motocross rider interrupted the in-house announcer for the surprise proposal after Lyn-Z rolled down the Giganta Ramp and slid out on her landing. "Sorry to interrupt the show, everyone, but I have to do something. My family is here and the love of my life is standing down there," he said as pointing down at his girlfriend from the top of the ramp.
After sliding down the ramp, Travis said, "Lyn-Z, will you marry me?" As Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" played on, he handed Lyn-Z a plastic coin purse shaped like a cupcake containing the engagement ring. He later told the audience that he initially planned to propose at the end of the show, but was to nervous to wait. "This is a stunt that's going to last the rest of our lives," he added.
People reported that Travis and Lyn-Z celebrated their engagement at Las Vegas' Studio 54. There, the 27-year-old motocross rider conducted a 100-person champagne toast and presented his new fiancee with a dozen roses.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance