Travis Pastrana Proposes to Girlfriend at Nitro Circus Live
Travis Pastrana has gotten himself engaged to longtime girlfriend Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins. The X Games gold medalist got down on one knees to ask the female skateboarder's hand in marriage during Nitro Circus Live, an exhibition motocross event held at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, June 4.
The daredevil motocross rider interrupted the in-house announcer for the surprise proposal after Lyn-Z rolled down the Giganta Ramp and slid out on her landing. "Sorry to interrupt the show, everyone, but I have to do something. My family is here and the love of my life is standing down there," he said as pointing down at his girlfriend from the top of the ramp.
After sliding down the ramp, Travis said, "Lyn-Z, will you marry me?" As Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" played on, he handed Lyn-Z a plastic coin purse shaped like a cupcake containing the engagement ring. He later told the audience that he initially planned to propose at the end of the show, but was to nervous to wait. "This is a stunt that's going to last the rest of our lives," he added.
People reported that Travis and Lyn-Z celebrated their engagement at Las Vegas' Studio 54. There, the 27-year-old motocross rider conducted a 100-person champagne toast and presented his new fiancee with a dozen roses.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video