Travis Pastrana Proposes to Girlfriend at Nitro Circus Live
Travis Pastrana has gotten himself engaged to longtime girlfriend Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins. The X Games gold medalist got down on one knees to ask the female skateboarder's hand in marriage during Nitro Circus Live, an exhibition motocross event held at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, June 4.
The daredevil motocross rider interrupted the in-house announcer for the surprise proposal after Lyn-Z rolled down the Giganta Ramp and slid out on her landing. "Sorry to interrupt the show, everyone, but I have to do something. My family is here and the love of my life is standing down there," he said as pointing down at his girlfriend from the top of the ramp.
After sliding down the ramp, Travis said, "Lyn-Z, will you marry me?" As Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" played on, he handed Lyn-Z a plastic coin purse shaped like a cupcake containing the engagement ring. He later told the audience that he initially planned to propose at the end of the show, but was to nervous to wait. "This is a stunt that's going to last the rest of our lives," he added.
People reported that Travis and Lyn-Z celebrated their engagement at Las Vegas' Studio 54. There, the 27-year-old motocross rider conducted a 100-person champagne toast and presented his new fiancee with a dozen roses.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song